Seven

"Yunho, can you tie the back of this, please?" Wooyoung asked, struggling to tie his apron by himself.

"Sure," Yunho said. He grabbed the strings on both sides and pulled them together, "Is this tight enough?"

"Yep."

Yunho tied it up in a neat, easy to get out of, bow. "There ya go," he smiled, "I'm so happy that you work here now. I won't be lonely anymore."

"I'm kinda nervous," Wooyoung sighed, "But thanks again. This is a big help."

"That's normal," Yunho said, "But if you need to take a break, just tell me." They were the only two waiters working the late afternoon-night shift in the small dinner. The restaurant was designed to look like it was out of the nineteen-fifties when places like it were popular.

Yunho went to wait on the only table of people there while Wooyoung just stood behind the bar. He watched how professional and friendly Yunho acted towards the customers. His bright smile stayed on his face the whole time he talked to them. Yunho even got them to laugh somehow, and Wooyoung wasn't quite sure he'd be that good at handling people. Yunho left the table and took their order slip to the kitchen. When he came back, he stood next to Wooyoung.

"You still feeling nervous?"

Wooyoung nodded, "Yeah."

"Why don't you come with me to the next table?" Yunho said, "So you can see what it's like before you go out on your own."

"Okay," Wooyoung agreed.

Little did either of them know that the very next group of customers to walk in a few minutes later would be the other six people in their friend circle. "Oh god, not these goons," Yunho chuckled, "They do this a lot, so you'll get used to it."

"They can't be that bad, right?"

"No. They're just loud... and needy," Yunho said, "Watch out for Hongjoong because he will order as many strawberry milkshakes as his wallet will allow."

Yunho and Wooyoung walked up to their friends. "What can I get you, fine gentlemen, tonight?" he asked in a fake voice.

Mingi smirked, "I'd like a piece of cake."

Jongho was closer to Mingi than San was, so he flicked the side of his head. "Can you freaking not say things like that in public?"

Mingi shrugged, "Seriously, Yunho, I want a piece of that Oreo cake you were telling me about earlier, please."

"Alright then," Yunho said, staring down at the notepad he was writing on. Wooyoung was close enough to see the light pink blush that had appeared on Yunho's face. He giggled a little bit at the guy's sudden shyness.

"You already know what I want," Hongjoong said with a tiny laugh.

"Strawberry milkshake. Got it. San?"

"Chicken tenders and fries with tea to drink, please."

The process continued until everyone had ordered. Wooyoung went to get their drinks while Yunho took their order ticket to the kitchen. Wooyoung carried their beverages over, somehow expertly balancing the large circle tray on his arm. It wasn't as hard as it looked. Yunho made Hongjoong's milkshake and brought it and Mingi's piece of cake over. He gave Mingi a quick side hug and ruffled his hair.

"The kitchen said it'll be about twenty minutes until your food is ready," Yunho told them.

Mingi nodded, "Thanks, babe."

Yunho and Wooyoung went back to waiting for more customers behind the bar. "My favorite perk about this job," Yunho said, "Is getting to play our own music."