Eight

After leaving the diner, Hongjoong and Seonghwa got in the car and were on the way home. Seonghwa could tell that Hongjoong was thinking hard about something. So he turned down the radio. "What's on your mind?"

"What do you mean?" Hongjoong asked, a bit confused.

Seonghwa looked over at him briefly, "I can tell that you're thinking about something. So, what's up?"

Hongjoong sighed, "Did you notice how quiet San was tonight?"

The older man nodded, "Yeah... he didn't really eat a whole lot of his food either."

"It's just," Hongjoong flailed his small hands, "It's been happening a lot more frequently, and he's not telling us anything. What if something's wrong?"

"Maybe Mingi knows something?" Seonghwa said.

"I hope. San never used to be like this. Not since he got out of the hospital."

"Yeah," Seonghwa said, "We'll have to keep an eye on him. Everything will be fine, Joongie."

Seonghwa pressed the gas pedal down a bit. They were on a straight stretch of road, still a bit far away from the light. But it had just turned green, so he thought he could beat it if he went fast enough.

"Slow down, Hwa," Hongjoong said, "It's going to change. You can't beat it, and if you try, we'll crash."

Sure enough, the light changed, and they had to stop and wait. "This stupid freaking light is too short," Seonghwa complained.

*****

Mingi parked on the street in front of San's house, and they went inside. Both boys sat down on the couch and laid back. Mingi turned on the television. He clicked through Netflix with nothing catching his attention.

He groaned and tossed the remote to San, "You pick something. I can't find anything."

San took the remote and put it on the first cartoon he found. Both boys were tired from their busy day. San had the morning shift at work today and had been up since five am. On the bright side, he could go to bed as early as he wanted to tonight.

"Okay, so, I have an idea for mine and Yunho's anniversary date," Mingi said excitedly out of nowhere.

"I'm listening," San said, turning the tv down a little.

Mingi smiled and sat up, "So what if I take him to the roller rink-"

"Can either of you even roller skate?" San laughed.

"Me? Definitely not." Mingi laughed, "Yunho? He's like a ballerina on those things."

"Okay, and then what will you do after that?"

"I was thinking a picnic, but where to do it is the question," Mingi said.

San thought for a minute. "Why don't you do it in your backyard? So that way you're already home? It's easier to decorate and clean up after too."

"That's a really good idea, actually! Thanks, San," Mingi smiled.

"Any time," San said.

Mingi left his house about two hours later. He needed to go and pick Yunho up from work. San was almost ready to fall asleep, but then he remembered his conversation with Wooyoung from last night. 

Woo :)

San