Chapter 9: New Rivalry

A few days had passed and Latrell was now walking into the principal's office in order to talk about his enrollment into the school.

"Finally, I thought this day would never come" Latrell said as he began to sit down on the chair.

"So you're Mr. Xester, it's an honor to actually meet you" the Principal said while bowing his head down.

"No need to be so formal. In all honesty, I'm nothing compared to to you, sir" Latrell said with a smile.

"You're too modest Mr. Xester. As from what I can see, you'll surpass me in my prime in a matter of a few years" the Principal said stroking his chin.

"I'll make sure to live up to that expectation" Latrell said with a smile.

The Principal began looking through the papers he had received from Latrell's Master and looked back at Latrell.

"I apologise for what I'm about to ask you but... is looking for him still your goal?" the Principal said with a bit of sadness in his eyes.

"Yeah... I swore to avenge them, no matter what" Latrell said as he gripped his fists and bit his lip.

"I see... may you never stray from the right path" the Principal muttered to himself as he began to sit back down.

"As we have just introduced ourselves, it is time for you to be assigned to a class" the Principal said while sipping tea from his cup.

"I'm assuming it's all Shinobi?" Latrell asked.

"Yes, and while you are a Shinobi, this is still an academy, so we also expect you to act like students" the Principal said.

"Don't worry, I won't let you down. So who's going to be my teacher?" Latrell asked.

"You must pick for yourself. So go into the Gym, you will come up with an answer there" the Principal told Latrell.

In the Gym

"Today, you all will be going against other Shinobi students from a different class. This is all apart of your training, as you must learn to deal with different types of Shinobi" Kiriya said with a serious look in his eyes.

"Don't worry Sensei, we got this" Wine said as he kept jabbing the air.

"Wine, how many times have I told you to address me as Kiriya Sensei?" Kiriya asked.

"Probably more than twenty times? Thirty perhaps?" Wine said with uncertainty.

Kiriya proceeded to sigh as he knew Wine was just going to continue calling him Sensei.

"While you all are well trained Shinobi, we need to make sure that whatever disadvantages you have are completely gone" Kiriya told the class.

Wine and the others had noticed a teacher and a few students walk in into the Gym, which they assumed were the Shinobis they were going up against.

"It seems that everyone is here" Kiriya had said.

Kiriya's class had looked at the other class that had suddenly came in.

"You can tell that they're not pushovers, I like that" Katsuragi said while jumping up and down.

"Let's not underestimate them" Ikaruga said.

"T-they look pretty scary" Hibari said while shaking.

"Don't worry Hibari. If they hurt you pretty badly, I'll make sure they don't leave this Gym alive" Yagyū said while chewing on dried squid.

"Let's hit them with all we've got!" Asuka said in excitement.

"I had also forgot to mention, one of you guys is not allowed to participate in this battle" Kiriya said.