Chapter 3.5: Christmas

Hey guys, so I'm going to explain how these specials chapters (.5) are going to work. Some specials will be canon to the story and others will not. Stories that are not canon are like alternate timelines with certain things from the main timeline (including the actual Senran Kagura timelines) never happening. In this special, Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit never happened, so I'm mentioning this to avoid any confusion later in this chapter. But yeah, thanks for reading "Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal: The Taste of Spilt Wine" and Merry Christmas everyone!

          Status
Special: Christmas
Canon: No
_____________________________________

5:00 PM

Everyone had gone to their families to celebrate Christmas, everyone but Wine and Yagyū.

"Ughhhh, it's Christmas and I have no one to celebrate it with" Wine said while laying down on the ground as he was bored and had nothing to do.

"Asuka is with her grandparents, Hibari is with her parents, Ikaruga went back to her home to wherever that is, Katsuragi is at home with her parents as well, and Yagyū is..." Wine said while coming to a pause.

"Actually, who is Yagyū celebrating it with?" Wine questioned.

Wine was wondering if she had anyone to spend it with, since he realized that she tends to be alone alot, even when she's with the group.

"Well I have no way of contacting her so I guess that's not possible" Wine said while thinking on what to do.

Wine started to give up and decided to head to a local store. He was going to buy some snacks to munch on for Christmas. While walking into the store, he saw Yagyū in the store buying alot of squid.

'Wow, the coincidence!' Wine thought.

"Hey Yagyū, I didn't expect to see you here" Wine said to Yagyū.

"Same here" Yagyū told Wine.

"So why are you buying alot of squid?" Wine asked.

"That's because squid is the greatest food to exist" Yagyū said.

Wine was really thrown off by that statement since he's never met anyone that felt so deeply about squid.

"I'll take your word on that" Wine said while grabbing squid and a few snacks.

"Squid is just the best" Yagyū said with a little smile.

'C-cute!' Wine thought.

"Why are you buying alot of snacks?" Yagyū asked.

"Well, I don't have anyone to celebrate Christmas with so I'm just gonna eat snacks the whole day today"

"You don't have anyone?" Yagyū asked in a curious manner.

"Nah, and I can't go back home, too far. How about you?" Wine asked.

"Well, I don't have anyone either, my parents are off on a mission" Yagyū responded.

"It sucks not to, which is why I have an idea. Why don't we celebrate Christmas together?" Wine proposed.

Yagyū was pretty happy that Wine asked but didn't want to show it.

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea" Yagyū said.

"Then it's settled, we're going to buy some ingredients now. And we're going to my house as well" Wine said.

"Alright then" Yagyū said.

Wine and Yagyū proceeded to buy the ingredients to cook up a feast for the both of them. They had now arrived at Wine's house.

"You live by yourself here? Isn't it too big?" Yagyū asked.

"I guess, but I guess it can help with putting extra stuff in rooms I don't use and need" Wine responded.

They had now arrived at the kitchen.

"Well we're both cooking together. Not to brag or anything but I'm a pretty good cook, I was actually planning on making it myself at first but that wouldn't be any fun" Wine said with a grin.

Yagyū looked to the side in embarrassment.

"I don't...know how to cook" Yagyū said embarrassingly.

"That's okay, I'll teach you. I didn't know either before, and I didn't know now then I would've already died since all I would've been buying would have been fast food" Wine told Yagyū.

"Are you sure?" Yagyū asked.

"Yeah, why not?" Wine said.

Then, Wine and Yagyū began cooking. Yagyū was doing her best to follow Wine's instructions on preparing the food but at times, Wine and Yagyū messed around.

"I really like that smile" Wine said.

"Huh?" Yagyū said while getting red.

"Wait, did I say that out loud?" Wine said while also getting red.

They both looked away, with both of their hearts beating quickly.

"T-the food is d-done" Wine said while shaking nervously.

"Y-yeah" Yagyū said while looking at the ground.

They finally had cooled down and put all the food on the table.

"This smells great!" Wine said while drooling a bit.

Yagyū was also amazed by the food that she just kept looking at it.

"Oh yeah I forgot to mention, there's cake in the fridge, so once we're done we can have dessert. It's squid shaped" Wine told Yagyū.

Yagyū's eyes lit up.

"Let's finish this food as quickly as possible, I want that dessert" Yagyū said while grabbing a plate.

"Haha, sure" Wine said while giggling.

They began eating, enjoying their time together with Wine messing with Yagyū alot. They ate dessert and played some board games. Wine had gone to his room for 30 minutes, when he came back downstairs it was already late.

"It seems that it's my time to leave" Yagyū said while standing up.

"I guess so, that sucks" Wine said a bit upset.

Yagyū smiled as she enjoyed Christmas with Wine.

"Hey Yagyū, let's do this again next year, it was really fun!" Wine told Yagyū with excitement.

Yagyū was already at the door ready to leave but looked back and responded.

"I wouldn't mind" Yagyū said with a smile.

"Oh wait, before you leave, here, a gift" Wine said while going to the door.

Wine gave the gift to the Yagyū, who was really surprised. Yagyū proceeded to open up the gift and got a wooden necklace that was shaped like a squid.

"I made it upstairs in my room" Wine told Yagyū.

"It's lovely, thank you" Yagyū said while proceeding to hug Wine.

When Yagyū came to her senses she had realized what she had just done. Both her and Wine were as red as a tomato.

"W-well I'm gonna go, thanks for the necklace" Yagyū said flustered.

"Y-yeah, be safe" Wine said while also being flustered.

"Wine...I hope we can do this again next year" Yagyū said while disappearing into the beautiful and lively night.

"Yeah, I hope so too" Wine whispered with a smile.