Goobbue Attack

I stood staring at the tome, wondering what in Eorzea it read. I was not fluent in this strange language, and I could barley make out what it said.

"I am the waves that bear. I am the winds that guide." Said a voice behind me. It continued to speak.

"I am the evening stars. I am the morning sky. I am born of the sea. And there I shall die." I spun around ready to fight. My balance wavered and I almost fell flat on my face. Standing there in the entrance to the small cave was another miqo'te. Her hair and tail were white, she wore a matching white dress and blue breeches.

"Thus reads the Sailor's Requiem carved into yonder stone. Such words well describe the manner in which the citizens of Limsa Lominsa live their lives." She said. The miqo'te stepped closer to me.

"It is both a litany against misfortune for those out on the waves..... And a prayer that the souls of those who perish on land might find their way back to sea." Her green eyes narrowed for a minute as she looked closer at me.

"Ah, you are the adventurer I've seen around Summerford Farms!" She said at last. And it was true. I had been running around lower La Noscea doing quests for helpless citizens of the beautiful ocean city Limsa Lominsa. I must have ran by this Cultured Conjurer during one of those quests.

"I thought myself on the trail of the kidnappers, but it would seem I have missed my mark." She continued.

I was about to speak when I heard a loud thump. I turned toward the cave entrance to see a hulking form blocking the way. A large grey monster with plants on it's back. It had to be a mossless goobbue.

"Or perhaps not." The miqo'te said as the goobbue rushed toward us, jaws open.

"As I suspected, the aetheric disturbance here is no natural occurrence." She said as I nodded, pretending to know exactly what she was saying. Truth is, I had no idea. I still wasn't familiar with the Eorzean way of speaking, let alone all the Aether stuff.

"Nor is it a coincidence that the two of us should come here in search of those responsible for the disappearances only to be attacked. But who stands to benefit from the keeping of this secret?" She finished.

The goobbue roared as it drew even closer, almost close enough to touch. The miqo'te girl pulled me aside right as the goobbue tried to chomp off my head. Some warrior, I thought to myself as I peered at the angry creature. You almost just got killed by this weakling. Thank the twelve the conjurer was nearby. The goobbue pulled its head back up, looking a bit confused. It turned toward us and gave an angry cry.

"Such thoughts must wait. Let us attend to the task at hand, unpleasant though it be." The miqo'te said as she pulled out a wand that looked like a tree branch.

I looked down at my grimoire, trying to remember how to summon emerald carbuncle. With luck, I pulled it off on the first try. I charged into the fight, praying that I wouldn't get killed.