A New Era

Garuda screeched as she fell to the floor in a heap. That was it. I had defeated the last primal. Ifrit and Titan had already fallen by my hand. And now that I had taken care of Garuda, it was time to focus on the Ultima Weapon....

"Jackie! Helloooo? Earth to Jackie!" Yda was waving her hands in front of my face.

"Huh? Oh, uh, hey." I stammered. I must have zoned out again. I really need to stop doing that.

"Pay attention! The leaders are giving their speech!" Papalymo scolded me.

I shrugged apologetically and looked up at Merlwyb, the leader of Limsa Lominsa, Raubahn, the leader of Ul'dah, and Kan-e-senna, the leader of Gridania. They all took turns giving their parts of the speech at first, but now they were speaking in unison.

"Let it be writ that on this day... by the light of the Crystal... Eorzea ushered in a new era!" You could almost feel the excitement rising in the crowd.

"The Seventh Astral Era is come!" My tail flicked in happiness.

"And thus is ours a realm reborn!" The leaders finished as cheers of pure joy erupted from just about every person there. I turned to Alphinaud, who was beside me.

"You did it, my friend! All this has happened because of you!" He said to me.

"Well, I definitely couldn't have done it without the help of you and the rest of the Scions. You guys are the ones that deserve the credit!" I replied.

"But it was you that saved me." Thancred said, walking up to us.

"Well it was Maggie that saved both of us." I told him.

I waved to the Magitek Reaper, who was across the field being tended to by Cid. She gave me a few clicks and beeps in response. I smiled as I resumed my conversation with the Scions. Out of nowhere, I started to feel strangely dizzy. My friend's voices were fading out as I clutched a table to stop myself from falling over. There was a bright flash, then pure darkness.

Hydaelyn? No. The Crystal looked almost identical, but..... Hydaelyn wasn't a being of darkness. I found myself in a pitch black void, much unlike the bright bluish hue of Hydaelyn's realm. A crystal, the same size and shape as Hydaelyn, towered in front of me. Except instead of it's normal blue color, it was purple with a glowing red core......

I shook my head, trying to rid it of the image I had just seen. A dark Hydaelyn?

"What is it?" Minfilia asked, seeing my troubled expression. A piercing roar thundered through the air. Worried murmuring immediately started up as we were filled with a feeling of panic.

"Dread tidings! Chaos and carnage..." a soldier shouted as he ran up to us.

"It is an abomination—! A...primal! A primal has awakened!"