The Meeting (Unfinished Chapter)

"Ah, the unmistakable swagger of a well-traveled adventurer. If you are come to pay your respects, be at ease, friend. I am not one to stand on formality." I had been sent to deliver a message to this Knight, Haurchefant.

"Truth be told, I would gladly welcome many and more brave souls like yourself. But enough chatter—pray tell me why you have come." He said. He seemed nice enough. I fished the letter out of my pocket and handed it over to him.

"If there is any justice in this world, these charges will receive no serious consideration. It is beyond inconceivable... Ah, yes. The letter made mention of a pressing matter for which you required assistance. What might that be?" Haurchefant asked.

"Well, I have a friend named Cid who lost an airship. The Enterprise." I explained. Haurchefant nodded.

"So this Enterprise you speak of was last seen above Coerthas before the Calamity five years ago. I fear it may prove difficult to find any eyewitnesses to these events, for while Ishgard did not participate in the battle of Carteneau, we were embroiled in our own internal conflicts at the time." My tail curled around my leg. Would this plan not work?

"Nevertheless, I will make inquiries on your behalf and share with you my findings in the future. In the meantime, please enjoy the hospitality of Camp Dragonhead. As a guest of House Fortemps, I will see that you are afforded every courtesy." Haurchefant finished. My ears perked up.

"Wow... thank you, Ser Haurchefant!" I said with a bow. He just chuckled.

"It's my pleasure, friend."

I held onto my tail, nervous for what was about to happen.

"Have faith, my friend. You need only state your case with confidence and clarity." Haurchefant told me. We had become good friends over time, and now we were here, waiting to meet the lord commander of Ishgard. The door opened and I stiffened, but it was only Alphinaud who entered.

"Pray, Forgive my lateness." He said. Haurchefant waved a hand.

"Oh, it's alright." He replied. Alphinaud walked over and stood next to me, on my left side. The three of us barley had to wait any longer.

The door creaked open once more as two people entered the room. One was a tall, black haired elezen, who I guessed was the lord commander. The other was a hyur knight. The elezen looked right at Alphinaud.

"Commander Leveilluer. It is both an honor and a pleasure to meet you." He said. I snickered softly. I had never heard anyone call Alphinaud "Commander."

"I am Aymeric, lord commander of the temple knights." Aymeric introduced himself.

"Alphinaud Leveilluer, at your service. Your reputation precedes you, Ser Aymeric. I think we will find that we have much in common." Alphinaud replied. Aymeric turned to look at me.

"Speaking of reputations, yours towers over us all. Does it not?" He said. The hyur knight studied me for a minute.

"It does indeed, lord commander." She said. Aymeric smiled.

"I am not too proud to admit that I have followed your activities with an interest bordering on fascination. Full glad was I to learn you would be joining us." He said to me.