❛ 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕 ❜ | 𝚜𝚕𝚞𝚏𝚏

One day he was there. He was home.

The lights were on. His parents' cars were in the driveway and you could tell the home was lived in.

But then he was gone.

The lights in the house went off. The driveway went empty. The grass went uncut. For almost a year.

For almost a year, there was no trace of Saul Hudson, Ola Hudson, Tony Hudson or Albion Hudson. They were just....gone.

And then, suddenly one day, the cars were back.

The lights went on and the grass was cut. They were back. Like nothing had ever happened.

Anthony was the only one to ever come and go.

Assumed he'd been going to work. He returned late so the boys never saw him.

And by boys I mean myself, Izzy, Steven, and Axl.

Every day since Saul and his family had disappeared, we walked by his house in hopes that they would come back.

Now it was late November, in the midst of their junior year of high school, and Saul was back.

Not back at school, but back home.

But the family hadn't actively left the home in months for things other than jobs and school. Only Anthony and Albion, who'd been going to work and school. Their groceries were delivered to them at the end of every other week.

It's actually sad how much we know about them, but I live a few doors down from them and they hadn't been weird since the unknown incident that made them go away for a while.

They just came back like nothing ever happened.

And sometimes we waited and waited everyday at the park across the street, but never any signs.

Axl started entertaining the idea that maybe Saul's parents had killed him but then Steven got scared and almost cried so Izzy had to shut Axl up, which was a task in itself.

The last and only person outside of the family to physically see Saul was some upperclassman on the football team that Saul always insisted on hanging out with.

But soon after Saul disappeared, the dude was pulled from school by his parents and moved states.

Whatever happened must've been bad.

Now here we were, standing around at the park, again, smoking cigarettes and trying to derive the fact that we were just waiting for fucking pigs to start flying.

"I'm cold." Steven had whined, teeth chattering as he stuffed his hands between his thighs to try and emit warmth in them. "It's too cold to be stalking, Duff."

"Yeah, welcome to Seattle." I said, passing the cigarette back to Izzy, who chuckled.

We got lost in some stupid conversation about parallel universes for a while until Axl looked up and his eyes widened.