37|| Justice

Sophie's hands shook violently and her knuckles were turning white from how hard she was holding on to the shimmering dagger.

She glared at her father through a blur of unshed tears. He stared up at her with a look of pride. There wasn't an ounce of fear in his eyes. She wanted him to fear her. She wanted him to jump away from her, to plead and apologize for every terrible thing he had ever done.

But she wasn't Batman, and she sure as hell wasn't her father.

She let the dagger in her hand dissolve into a flurry of green and purple light. From the corner of her eye she could see Barbara's shoulders relax as she moved her hands away from her utility belt.

Sophie clenched her jaw and took a step towards where her father laid bleeding. "Why the hell are you in a Lexcorp warehouse." She was surprised by the intimidating growl that left her throat.

Her father groaned as he sat upright. His face was pulled down into a deep frown yet his greenish eyes stayed cold and calculating. "You, Sophia, were my greatest creation."

"She's not your science experiment!" Barbara snapped and walked over to Sophie. She crossed her arms over her chest, giving off an air of intimidation. "And she asked you a question."

Henry glanced over at Barbara before his attention turned back to Sophie. "You should be proud, I know your mother-"

"Don't you fucking dare!" She lurched forwards, ready to do something, anything to hurt him; but Barbara grabbed her shoulder before she could.

Barbara looked at her sternly, silently reminding her of that line they were never supposed to cross. A line she really wished she could find the will to step over.

She yanked herself away from Barbara and glared down at Henry."You killed my mother, you poisoned her well she was pregnant with me! You're crazy experiments gave her cancer!" She screamed hoping he felt the same burning pain that she did.

Henry sighed, his eyes flickering to the ground. "It was a mistake but it was worth the, complications."

"You sick fuck!" This time not even Barbara could stop her. She moved quickly and kicked him in the face like she was aiming for a soccer ball.

His head bounced against her foot before his entire body went limp. He fell back against the ground, blood trailing down his lips from a broken nose.

"Aurora." Barbara growled.

Sophie huffed and ran a hand over her face. "It's fine, I'm fine. We'll get our answers well he's in prison." She turned around to face Barbara.

Even with most of her face covered by the black cowl, she could still see the disapproving look on her face. "Come on, we need to get the kid." She said and walked past Sophie to the other room.

Sophie glanced back at her father, that fire in her chest settling ever so slightly. She was never going to let him do this again, and if he did, she would do more then knock him out.

The blue tarp crinkled as Barbara stepped under it, stealing her attention. Sophie took a deep breath before she jogged over to Babs and stepped into the room.

In the darkness it was hard to spot the boy but small, shaky movements from under the desk gave him away. The moment Barbara stepped into the room his eyes shot over to her. He began to sputter, almost like he was trying to say something but the words weren't forming.

"Hey, it's alright. We can help you." Barbara spoke softly as she crouched down a few feet away from the desk. The kid stared blankly at her, his bottom lip quivering as tears filled his eyes.