Part 2B: Miss Patience White (The Bleachers)

***

You've been told that Miss White is in the football field, so you head in that direction. As you enter the field, you look around. Miss White is nowhere to be seen.

A hiccuping sob catches your attention, and you spin round to see a figure curled up beside the bleachers. As you stare at the figure, it becomes more evident that it's the missing Patience White.

Carefully, you move towards her and kneel down beside her. At first she doesn't acknowledge you, but after half a minute, she lifts her head and looks at you, eyes rimmed red from tears. You ask if she's willing to answer some of your questions. After a slight hesitation, she nods her head in assent.

|You| "How are you feeling? Are you sure you're okay to answer the questions?"

|Miss White| "I'm fine. Just trying to process it. I still can't believe Patti-"

Miss White chokes up and you quickly change tack.

|You| "I'm sorry, I know this can't be easy for you. Did you know the Miss Patrice Brewer? Were you associated with her in any way?"

|Miss White| "No. She's a Senior and I'm a Junior. We didn't have much reason to talk to each other."

|You| "Okay, I see. Can you think of anyone who may have had a vendetta against Patti?"

|Miss White| "I can't think of anything. Patti is popular with most of the school and a lot of people like her."

|You| "Did you notice something suspicious happen before Patti died?"

|Miss White| "No, I can't- wait. Scarlett was acting really odd earlier on. She kept staring at Mrs. Peacock. I'd almost say glaring? It was weird."

|You| "Hmm... interesting. Do you think Miss Scarlett or Mrs. Peacock had anything to do with Patti's murder?"

|Miss White| "I don't know? I'd like to think not. I hope that it was just a freak accident."

|You| "Nearly finished with the questions, don't worry. Whereabouts were you sitting in the theater?"

|Miss White| "I was sitting near the edge of the room, at the back. Being anywhere near the center of the room is terrifying. Even though logically I know it can't be the case, it feels like people are staring at my back and judging me when I sit in the center of a room. It makes me panic."

Miss White is becoming visibly agitated at this point, and you decide to end your questioning there. She's given you some interesting information to think over, as has Miss Scarlett.

With a jolt, you realise that it's been more than 15 minutes since you snuck out of the theater yourself. The investigators will undoubtedly wonder why you're taking so long in the lavatory. Hurriedly, you make your way back to the theater.

Just before you go back into the theater, you hesitate, hand on the door. You can go straight back in... or you can do some investigating first.

What path do you decide to take?

***

The Options

a) You go back to the theater and interview another suspect? Who do you decide to interview?

b) You head backstage to where the theatre's stage settings are? Who do you bump into there?

c) You slip away while you're outside and head to Headmaster Mustard's office? Which character are you looking to find out information about?

***

Continue to the next chapter for the voting form.