48. devious by the day

s4e19: pictures of you

a/n: hi for you know, reasons, elijah never gets with katherine again but he still gets the cure and now rebekah wants it and all that.

Five months have past, and they haven't been easy. Brynley and Elijah have been been long distance, calling twice a day and waiting every three weeks for Elijah to come back to Mystic Falls. Brynley has offered multiple times to go wherever he is, but both her father and Elijah want her to finish high school in Mystic Falls and then they'll decide from there.

It's now the end of April, the 28th, to be exact and Elijah returned to Mystic Falls today after not seeing him and Brynley not seeing each other for a month. Senior prom was tomorrow, and Bryn wanted to convince Elijah to go with her.

Brynley sat on her bed in her bedroom that night alone in the Fletcher house, her dad was at out of town again, he was returning the next day, and she looking at all the college letters she's received. She's applied to colleges all over the country, not knowing exactly where she wanted to go. Bryn didn't even know what she wanted to major in, but she promised herself she would figure it out. She's gotten into three colleges so far, one in New York, one in New Orleans, and one right here in Virginia. Brynley applied to the one Virgina just for her father's sake, but she knew she didn't want to stay here. It wasn't because of her dad, she didn't want to leave him, but she didn't want to stay in Mystic Falls.

Brynley placed her acceptance letter from the college in New Orleans back on her bed when she heard a knock on the door, running downstairs as fast as she could. She opened the door and only saw Elijah's face for a second before hugging him. Elijah wrapped his arms tightly around her with a smile on his face.

"A month was way too long." Brynley mumbled into Elijah's shoulder and he nodded.

"I can't wait for you to graduate," Elijah kissed the top of her head. "That way I never have to leave you in this terrible town again."

"As much as I would love to start packing my things," Brynley said. "Graduation's not for another month."

Elijah let out a sigh and Brynley giggled at her soulmate. "Fine, then let me take you on a trip, consider it a pre-graduation gift."

"Where are we going?" Brynley asked.

"New Orleans, there's some business I need to attend to," Elijah answered and Brynley gave him a look at the mention of 'business.' "But I will take you to explore the city."

"Okay," Brynley agreed. "Besides, I got into a college there and I might as well check it out."

"Good." Elijah smirked before wrapping an arm behind Brynley's waist and pulling her in for a kiss. Bryn wrapped her arms around Elijah's neck as their lips moved together. The kiss began to get more intense as Brynley's hands began to unbutton Elijah's jacket, but Elijah quickly grabbed her hands with his own, stopping her. "Brynley-"

"I'm sure." Brynley confirmed.

"Are you positive? Because this is your first time and I just want to be sure you're comfortable-" Elijah began say and Brynley smiled while shaking her head.

"Elijah, I'm definitely sure." Brynley repeated and Elijah nodded as their lips met again. The two lovers' lips moved together perfectly before Elijah pulled away and moved his lips to Brynley's neck.

"I love you." Elijah mumbled against Brynley's skin.

"I love you too." Brynley whispered and Elijah slipped her shirt over her head.

"God, you're breathtaking." Elijah said in a whisper and Brynley smiled as she slid Elijah's button-up shirt off his shoulders. Brynley brought their lips together while Elijah's hands began to remove Brynley's skirt.