Chapter III

July 25, 2019 3:30 pm at Matthews Forensic Laboratory

       Frea and Eric arrived exactly 3:30 p.m. at Matthew Forensic Laboratory. Though they are already tired, they need to perform their duty. Frea still can’t believe that the person who helped them to have a job, murdered him.

Chief Medical Examiner: “We are done checking the victim’s body and we have found out that he was killed from a poison. I am very sure that the murderer used the sharp part of the dart with poison as a murder weapon. I have to admit that the killer left the dart cleaned from fingerprints that’s why we cannot confirm if the killer is a man or a woman. But I will still bring to Grace for thorough checking” He stated.

Frea: “Is it possible Sir if the killer knows how to play a dart? “ She asked.

Chief Medical Examiner: “I cannot assure you with that. Maybe, it is a yes or a no.”

Frea: “This case makes me insane, Eric! We don’t have much pieces of evidence that will lead us to the killer.” She stated with frustration.

Eric: “Me too, Frea. This case is so complicated. We really need to visit the house tomorrow to start the interrogation and to lay out the timeline of the murder.” He said with conviction.

Frea: “We should go back in our office now.”

                 Bard and Destine went back in their office to check if Mrs. Layug and Mrs. Soledad arrived in their post. Upon arriving from their late lunch break, they saw the two women waiting in the stairs of their building.

Destine: “Good Afternoon, Ma’am! Welcome to our office.”

Mrs. Soledad: “And what’s good in the afternoon? We have waited for almost 1 hour underneath the sun!” Showing her frustration to the detectives.

Bard: “Well, it’s 4:00 pm in the afternoon. What did I tell you, Mrs. Layug? Did you really listen to my instruction? I told you to visit our office at exactly 4:00 pm?!” He said.

Mrs. Layug: “We just want to go early so that we will end this fucking interrogation right away.”

Bard: “Then let’s start. Let’s see if you can still talk after I reveal some shocking information.” He proudly said.

Bard: “So Mrs. Layug and Mrs. Soledad, I just want to say that Mr. Salvatore was murdered.”

Mrs. Layug: “You are joking right?” She asked.

Mrs. Soledad: “Fake news at all. We all know that Mr. Salvatore can protect his fucking self including his dick.” She exclaimed.

Bard: “It is true. He is dead. Would you want me to repeat of what I have said?” He asked while getting the folder under the table.

Mrs. Soledad: “No! No! What about the money?! We need the money from our buyers!” Then she slammed the table.

Destine: “What money are you saying?” He asked.

Mrs. Layug: “Can’t you just shut your filthy mouth?”

Mrs. Soledad: “Forget what I have said.”

Bard: “You can’t fool us! I have here a folder containing all the documents you have from your drug transactions. You will be having 20 million dollars right?” He asked.

Mrs. Soledad: “I didn’t know that you are good on fabricating information, Mr. Detective.”

Bard: “This is not a fabricated document, Ma’am. It is an evidence. The proof here is your signatures.”