Stargazing

MENTION OF SUICIDAL THOUGHTS/ATTEMPTS IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO THESE TOPICS THIS IS YOUR WARNING

Kageyama's POV

It's pretty late. I look at my phone and see that it's 3:49 in the morning. I yawn, and decide to see if Hinata is up.

Hinata's POV

I hate everyone. I hate everyone. I hate everyone, upon this cursed earth. I ha-

My phone was ringing. I picked it up, not realizing who it was.

"Hello?" I spoke in a tired voice since I had just woken up

"Hey. Sorry, did I wake you up?" Kageyama asked

"Hm? Oh yeah. I don't mind though. I love it when you call me at four in the morning." I spoke in a sarcastic voice and Kageyama picked it up

"Dumbass. I was just wondering if you were able to come stargazing at me place, or maybe yours. The sky looks beautiful tonight."

I felt my face heat up and I didn't feel so tired anymore. I jumped out of bed and put sweats and a hoodie on. I could hear Kageyama talking but he wasn't on speaker and I wasn't focused in hearing him since I was getting dressed

"HEY! Do you hear me dipshit?" He sounded angry and I flinched when I heard his voice change

"Yeah, yeah. I'm sorry. I was getting dressed to meet you. I'm sorry." I whispered into the phone, hoping that he would accept my apology.

"Oh, sorry  I just got irritated is all. Are we gonna meet at your place, or mine. Oh, or maybe we could meet at the park!" He sounded excited and I couldn't help but smile

"We could meet at the park." It would be nice to lay on the grass with you and cuddle. Wait- no...I can't do that we're both straight. I know he's for sure straight...am I sure?

"-ta. Hinata! Hey! Stop zoning out and hurry up. I'll be at the park in about five minutes anyways."

I hummed in agreement and quietly walked out of the house, making sure not to wake Natsu and mom. I sprinted to the park and noticed Kageyama wasn't there yet. I sat at the top of the playset and waited for him to arrive.

Kageyama's POV

I walked slowly to the park, since it was late and I was getting tired. I got there around 4:10 and sat at a table.

When will the dumbass get here? He better be here, otherwise I walked all the way here for no damn reason! Although...it was be awesome if I could sit with him and just talk, maybe cuddle.

"Oi! Kageyama-san! I won!" I looked at the top of the playset and saw the familiar orange hair. I smiled and walked over to him.

"Hey. How'd you best me here anyways?" I asked him and he just smiled and started to explain

Third Person POV

"So when you called I was basically dressed, I put on sweats because I was only in boxers, and I put on a hoodie. I quietly went outside and sprinted here and got to the top of the playset and just waited for you. So that's how I beat you." Hinata beamed at Kageyama and skipped over to the grassy side of the park with Kageyama following him.

They both laid down and stared at the stars. They spent around five minutes in silence. It was only broken by stifled sobs from Hinata. He had his hand over his mouth, tears were falling from his eyes and his breathing was ragged. Kageyama looked over and sat up

"Hinata? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Kageyama's voice was filled with worry for the tangerine. Hinata calmed down enough to speak and what he said shocked Kageyama

"Well. Awhile back, before Karasuno I almost killed myself. It was after my first tournament which we lost, you know that part though. I went home that night and I had already had so many thoughts about just ending it. That night I acted on one. I grabbed a bunch of pills and just started to take them. I didn't stop till I couldn't really feel anything...I ended up falling down the stairs to get some food and my mom came out to check on me. She saw me lying on the floor and a small puddle of blood forming, she ran upstairs to grab some towels and saw the pills on the ground. I tried to get up but couldn't really move and just laid there. She took me to the hospital and they pumped my stomach. It wasn't fun afterwards but...I didn't die," he paused for a minute and sat up before continuing "I'm looking at the stars and all I can think is ' I'm so glad I didn't die then. I get to see this beautiful sky with you and I feel happy. ' So thank you for inviting me Kageyama."

Kageyama was at a loss for words. He couldn't find the right things to say. He just pulled Hinata into a hug and held him. He noticed he was crying too. He smiled and buried his face in Hinata's hair. His voice was muffled by Hinata's hair and his own tears but you could hear

"Dumbass. You shouldn't have even tried in the first place. I'm so happy you're still here though." He held Hinata even tighter, still crying.

Hinata didn't mind, he actually hugged Kageyama back and scooted closer. They pulled apart after awhile and laid back down. Kageyama grabbed Hinata's hand and smiled, content with this moment. When it got to around five in the morning they both had to go.

"Kags," Kageyama cringed at the nickname but didn't say anything "Thank you so much. I had a great time." Hinata hugged Kageyama and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek then started to walk away. Kageyama grabbed his arm, pulled him back and kissed him.

"Yeah. I had a great time too. Maybe we should do this more often." He smiled and hugged Hinata one last time before they both left.

With Hinata

Hinata walked home, thinking about the kiss the whole way. He smiled and quietly got back to his bed. He flipped down and silently squealed while rolling around his bed. He later fell asleep and even had a dream about Kageyama and the kiss.

With Kageyama

Kageyama walked away and smirked to himself. You adorable, innocent, idiot. You're amazing. He quietly got back to his room and laid on the bed, thinking about Hinata and if he got home safe. He smiled, turned over, and fell asleep.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What is up? I started to watch Haikyuu and loved this ship immediately so here's a little book for it. I hope you like this first chapter, even though it's super duper long. (*Wink wonk* lmao) I hope you all have a good day/night. Luv you all. BUHHHH BYEEEEE!!!!