Numb

Suga's POV

*Beep beep beep*

Hm? Oh...I have to get up now.

I sat up, putting my head in my hands. "I don't want to go to school but...I never miss a day so I have to go," I get up and get ready

"Hey! Breakfast is ready honey!"

I hear my mom yell from downstairs, she sounded so happy

"Yeah, I'll be down in a couple minutes!" I finish getting dressed and walk downstairs to eat.

"Good morning! I hope you have a good day at school. I'll be home late because tonight I have to work overtime. There's frozen dinners in the freezer. You can also eat whatever's in the fridge. Bye!"

My mom yelled at me as she walked out the door. I looked down at my plate of food.

"Whatever, I'm not hungry anyways. I'll just head to school," I grab my bag and walk to school

"Hey Suga!" Daichi ran towards me, waving and yelling "You're here a little late this morning. Why?"

"Oh, I just woke up late," I forced a smile, it wasn't sure if it was convincing but I tried to make it convincing.

"Oh, that makes sense! Well, come one we have to practice before classes start."

"Yeah, alright."

"Okay, we're done for the morning practice. Get to class and we'll practice more after school," Daichi spoke in a clear and sing-song voice, I just nodded and went to class.

As the day passed I felt the same as this morning, numb. I wasn't feeling anything. It felt as if I was just a bystander in my own life. Classes passed and practice came around. I walked to the gym and sat next to the water bottles.

I don't want to practice today. I just..I just want to go home.

"Oh, Suga! You're here early...why aren't you dressed yet?" Daichi walked in after me and started asking me questions. I looked up at him, my face not changing, I stood up and hugged him.

"I don't know. Daichi...I don't know what I'm doing. I didn't eat breakfast,I couldn't focus in class... everything that make me happy, irritated, disgusted, I'm not feeling anything," I started to cry, unaware that it was happening. He embraced me and didn't let go, not until I let go.

"Come on, let's get you home. I'll tell Asahi and Noya to lead the practice today," I nodded, wiping my eyes, and walking with Daichi.

We walked to my house, I looked down the whole way and Daichi kept his arm around my shoulder and continued talking with his cheery voice.

"Hey, we're here. Let's go inside. We can play games for a little while too."

"Okay. I'll make some snacks really quick, so let's go inside." I smiled but it was small.

I walked into the kitchen and got some food from the fridge. I looked at it, remembering that I'm usually alone since my mom has to leave all the time. "Hey, Daichi. Can I ask you something?" I looked at the ground and bit my lip

"Huh? Oh, yeah of course!"

"Can...can you hang out with me after school from now on?" I looked up and locked eyes with Daichi then quickly looked back down at my feet

"Oh...yeah. I can do that, just let me make sure it's okay with my parents!"

"...okay, I understand. WAIT WHAT!? You actually agreed!?" I dropped the food in my hands, astonished that he didn't decline and leave

" Yeah, of course I agreed. You're my best friend and always will be."

I looked at him and smiled. I think it was the biggest, real, smile I've been able to give in such a long time. I ran over and hug-tackled him, laughing and crying the whole time.

"Haha, what's with this response? You haven't been this energetic in a long time," I smiled and buried my face into his jacket.

Years later, I have the love of my life. He's right beside me, we still go watch Karasuno games and every now and then we come in as guests to help out. I couldn't ask for someone better than Daichi. If he hadn't walked with me that   day, we never would've began hanging out more, I never would've asked him to be my boyfriend and we probably wouldn't talk much.

I couldn't ask for someone better than Daichi...because in my eyes, he is the best.

##################################

I got this chapter for this story out. I'm finally really really happy again. I get to see people who I think of as better family than my actual family again. I love this chapter so much and I don't know why it took so long to get out. I hope you all enjoyed it just as much as I enjoyed writing it. Luv you all, buh byeee!!!!!