♡༉ e.

- ˏˋ  ✎  ˊˎ -

"Hey, Elaine! Wait for me!"

I whirled around to find you.

"You & John a thing now or what?"

"You know John?" I asked, frowning slightly.

"I stalked him a bit on social media, so yes."

"Oh," I mumbled,"and answering your previous question - not yet, at least. I mean he is a sweet guy and he is a real charmer, you know? Let's see."

"Are you kidding, El? You could do better."

"He is not bad, c'mon. He is cute too."

"Oh really? Is he going to bring you food at three a.m. in the night then, huh?"

"I mean, he was awake yesternight till three a.m., sending me memes & funny posts & such things, so I am not sure about that statement of yours."

"I thought that was our thing!"

"Kay."

You let out a huff,"He is not a good guy, he comes off as highly insensitive."

"Come on, stop fussing about it, mate. He flirts around, yes, but so do I. It doesn't necessarily mean that you aren't sensitive to topics."

"I just don't think he is good for you."

I shot you a look,"What do you want, Kay?"

"I want to be your man."

I nodded in amazement,"Smooth."

"See? Even I can flirt good & be smooth whenever I want."

"Yeah, Amelia must love it."

You shook your head slightly and as if on cue, John caught my eye and waved at me through the crowd.

I waved back at him as I nudged you with the other hand. "Behave. He is heading here."

"Hey, Elaine."

"Hey, John."

"You look lovely today." He smiled at me and as I thanked him, I felt you snake your arm around my waist.

"She looks lovely all the time, don't you think?" You muttered as John's eyes lingered on your arm around my waist and he slowly looked up at you & nodded.

I nudged you to stop but you leaned down to press a kiss to my cheek.

"Hm well John, what do you think? Don't we make a lovely pair?" You smiled at him, your fakest, brightest smile.

John eyebrows quirked up in amusement as he nodded.

"See, babe? You're just being too shy. Now come on girlfriend, stop denying love to your boyfriend in public."

I didn't know what I was feeling, but it wasn't certainly pure joy.

I shook my head and slipped out of your arms. "I have got to go to Chem class. See you two later."

I didn't look back once as I strutted straight towards the classroom.

By the end of school, everyone knew about us. About how we were finally a thing.

"Kayden, the fuck is this? Everyone is talking about how you & I are a couple!"

"Yeah, don't you like it when people ship us & admire us as a couple? I love it." You said slowly, a smile on your face.

"Are you out of your mind? What will Amelia think?"

Your head snapped to me at that statement. "What? She knows how close we are. She won't mind it."

"Telling the whole school about us being a couple is different from other things, Kayden. Don't you understand? Amelia will be very hurt, she is your girlfriend, Kayden."

"She won't be, c'mon. You & I are best friends! She knows about us and-"

"You know what? There is no use in talking about this."

"Elaine, what-"

"Take care. I'll talk to you later."

"Elaine, wait!" You shouted but I was already walking away.

As I walked away with John for some coffee, I could feel your eyes on us. And as much as I wanted to, I couldn't shrug it off.

How funny it was, that you asked me to be your friend yet wanted me to act like your lover. How funny it was that you were asking a butterfly to kiss the mouth of a flower & enjoy the sweet smell of nectar -- only to settle for it's leaves eventually.

- ˏˋ  ✎  ˊˎ -