FAQ

• ° • ° ☆ ° • ° •

i. what the fuck is Kayden doing?

honestly, this is a question I have received several times through the book. his feelings are ambiguous & he is conflicted between his feelings for Amelia & Elaine -- & that has proved to be an element of ruination -- that went on to mess up with Elaine's emotions. this actually happens a lot & it ends up affecting many others as well.

it affected himself as well, and it affected Amelia too, & all such people who were deeply involved in the whole ordeal. Kayden is a human -- please do keep it in mind -- he has just went on to make poor decisions that ruined some good things for him. you have every right to not like him / abhor him -- but do not spread hate. and, it for sure did teach him a lesson, that would probably help him in his future encounters with other people.

• ° • °☆ ° • ° •

ii. why did Kayden not suffer as much as Elaine?

keep in mind that the story is narrated from Elaine's point of view -- & these are a bunch of letters she plans to give to Kayden when she can garner enough courage to do so. It just shows Elaine's side of story.

this is an interesting topic, mainly because this shows how some people keep suffering and people generally don't notice it *even Elaine*. sometimes their own egos, own stubbornness, & own mistakes prolong their suffering -- but both parties are affected when such things happen.

Kayden did suffer, actually. he knew he had made poor choices & he drowned himself in the guilt. moreover then he had been very sad & had lived months thinking that Elaine hated him. that had thrown him into pits of depression & helplessness.

and over that, Kayden has self-esteem issues & trust issues. like he has said in the book, Elaine had scared him from time to time because Kayden had blindly trusted her from the start -- which was a very big thing for him. he has trust issues because of his past relationships & when Elaine & Kayden had to end up parting ways without so much of a goodbye or a proper closure, it had only messed him up more. i would however like to point out that even though Kayden's emotional issues had led him to make very poor decisions, in no way was it justified of him to do so. no matter if he has trust issues or commitment issues, no one has the right to harm the other person emotionally (neither physically) no matter if it is intentional or not.

& over that the only persons he had ever opened up to were his close friends (Deeley, Kenneth) *and* Elaine. So her exit from his life had also put him more on guard, just like Amelia's lies put him -- making him even a more reserved person than he initially was. while Elaine had been suffering from the time Kayden & Amelia got together, guilt slowly started plaguing & drowning Kayden from the time he realized his mistakes -- which would be the first *nasty* fight & the first fallout that had occurred between him & Elaine.

update: 25/12/20
so... karma finally hit someone.

• ° • ° ☆ ° • ° •

iii. why did Kayden keep going back to Elaine & why did she keep accepting him back?

↬ Kayden had trouble deciding who he liked more -- and he didn't want to let go of any one of them, and not commit fully to any one of them either -- which just led to the whirlwind of chaos. One should never engage in romantic relationships when they have are ambiguous, or they can't decide on a particular thing. He can't let go of Elaine but can't make his feelings stay fixated on her, either.

love is a very confusing thing -- and that's what had made Elaine accept him back everytime -- her mind wouldn't let her make a decision regarding a friendship that was intended to crumble, but her heart ended up telling her otherwise, every single time.

• ° • ° ☆ ° • ° •

iv. is the prologue taken from pinterest?

when I had narrated my idea to one of my close friends -- he had quoted major parts of the prologue to me -- saying that it had fit the theme of the story perfectly. and later, i had ended up finding a quote (that I had included in the prologue) on pinterest -- so yes, some quotes involved in the prologue are probably from pinterest, and i do not own them. But they sure do fit the theme of my story, and so I used them.

• ° • ° ☆ ° • ° •

v. will it have a sequel or a spinoff?

↬ most probably not. i do not plan to make a sequel or spinoff, as of now. but in the near future, if i do end up changing my mind -- you all will be the first ones to know! ( now I am pretty sure that I am making another book in the series as of 23/09/20. when? now that i don't know.)

• ° • ° ☆ ° • ° •

A/N : if you have any more questions, feel free to drop them down in the comments! I'll try my best to answer them.

• ° • ° ☆ ° • ° •

Thank you so much for reading this book!❤