【️ Despair 】️

No one's POV

Maki was now a murderer. Predictable since she's an Assassin after all. Kokichi couldn't help roll his eyes at the current situation. He expected it already those empty promises of peace and friendship. But he's also naive. He wanted to believe the killing game ended with Korekiyo though of course life was never kind to his wishes.

" Upupupu~! You have voted for the Ultimate Assassin! Harukawa Maki! You voted correctly! Congratulations~! "

The little leader rolled his eyes before he stole a glance at everyone's reaction. Kiibo having the classic wide eyes and shut lips expression of shock. Saihara trying to reach for his cap upon muscle memory failing to remember that he had long discarded it which made him resort to looking down in shame for exposing his friend's wrong ways. Gonta was quiet and his eyes gathering tears that he tried not to spill. Miu was plain quiet holding back any words she could say afraid if she say the wrong word the Assassin might really kill her. Kaito was typical surprise and frustration on his face nothing new if you found your love one actually doing the deed of murder. Lastly, those purple orbs landed on Tsumugi's who seemed to be eyeing the shorter as well. Out of reflex, Kokichi sharply looked away. His eyes trained to focus on the current scene.

" WHY WOULD YOU KILL SOMEONE MAKIROLL?! " Kaito's voice boomed. His eyes full of tears while Maki had yet lifted her head to show everyone her expression. " You... WE COULD HAVE ESCAPED WITH EVERYONE! "

" i... I didn't want to be alone anymore... "
Her voice came out as a whisper.
" I saw it... You're sick... no Very ill. "

" How does that have anything to do with committing a Murder?! We needed you Makiroll! Everyone did. We could have escaped if we just thought this through more!" Kaito tried to reason out. Always so optimistic. Airways trying to be a hero. Tsumugi finally rolled her eyes at the sickening sight. She was happy for the despair Maki had made Kaito felt but this sappy talk was just disgusting she isn't like those teenagers that would squeal and drool at this kind of thing. Rather she's more eager to see the Execution that person had made for her!

Just hurry it up Monokuma! This is despairingly disappointing-ly boring!
Tsumugi gritted her teeth as she silently tried to calm herself down. This scene was disgusting. So disgusting. Not despair full! Why would tht person even let this happen?! This love teenage thing is disgusting! The image of her child self showing her drawings of outfit to her parents soon surpassed and the feeling of her heart sinking at her parents ignored and empty looks towards her creation.
'It looks good.'
'Not now.'
'Maybe show us next time.'
Always with the excuses! Disgusting hope she felt that maybe she'd be praised for her behavior next time. She despises Hope!
Junko's smile and crazy way to bring despair to people was the only thing she got praised at when she helps her. Only that person will please her.

So she had enough of Harukawa's innocent budding love and Momota's oblivious ways of making her fall for him harder. It reminded of her how even her first love only dated her as a rebound almost stealing her first time if not for The old Kokichi and Junko helping her. That was the first time she cried. The first time Junko let her hugged her.
Such memories are the only thing fueling her in this killing game.
So she took a piece of footage from the surveillance camera in Momota's room and sent it to Harukawa's monopad. Her face when she was it was so delightful that she was tempted to send all the footage the cameras had whenever Momota had a bloody coughing fit.
But of course she'd never tell anyone that.

" I... I wanted us to be together... i... this is the first time I actually feel like I can do anything if it's for you... I don't want to be alone anymore... i don't want to see you die... "
She looked up and started to openly cry in despair.
" I don't want to... I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE ANYMORE OKAY! ALL MY LIFE I DEVOTED THIS BODY! THIS LIFE OF MINE FOR MY FAMILY! for the orphanage... and then in here it was all in vain... I... You reached out to me." She smiled bitterly while letting the last sentence sound softer than the others. She tried to not cry but it was useless. " I never felt like this before... I ... I don't... want to feel that emptiness anymore... I don't want to see you die... i... I'd rather die myself than see it...because I... " Her eyes showed those swirls Tsumugi was often reminded of Junko's eyes. The sweet despair she wanted to offer Junko.
This is it. Just a little more.
Tsumugi tried to hide her smirk from forming.
" I love you... Kaito Momota. You dumb idiot... I really like you... "