50. unsurprising welcome

s4e20: the originals

"I'm confused," Brynley sighed as her and Elijah walked down the streets of New Orleans. "If the witches are making a move against Klaus, are we stopping or helping them?"

"I honestly have no idea." Elijah answered.

"I'm just happy to take a break from all the Silas and cure stuff." Brynley said and the couple walked into a back alley, seeing a women being attacked. Brynley snatched off her bracelet and flicked her wrist. Her eyes and hands flowed gold "Captura."

Brynley snapped the necks of one of the vampires attacking the women, knowing it wouldn't kill him completely while Elijah ripped the heart out of the other. Brynley ran over to the women and scanned her for injuries. "Are you okay?"

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see a blonde girl looking at them but she ignored it.

"My darling, that is the sister of the witch that is plotting against Klaus." Elijah said to his soulmate.

"Lijah, the girl was just attacked!" Brynley reminded and Elijah sighed at his girlfriend's kindness.

"I'm fine." The women looked at Brynley.

"I'm Elijah, and this is Brynley. You heard of us?" Elijah asked.

"Yes." The women nodded.

"So, why don't you tell me what business your family has with my brother?"

-

"Evening, Elijah, Brynley." Klaus smirked at the couple as they walked up to the hybrid.

"Niklaus." Elijah addressed.

"What an entirely unwelcome surprise." Klaus said.

"And what an entirely unsurprising welcome. Come with me." Elijah sassed back.

"I'm not going anywhere. Not till I find out who's conspiring against me." Klaus replied and Brynley glanced to the side. She saw the same blonde girl from before staring at them in an alleyway.

"I believe I just found that out for you." Elijah smirked.

-

Elijah, Brynley, and Klaus walked into the Lafayette Cemetery. As soon as Brynley stepped foot inside it, a pain rushed to her head and she groaned in pain.

"Oh my god." Brynley placed her hands on her head.

"Brynley." Elijah walked over to her.

"Can I have my bracelet?" Brynley mumbled and Elijah dug into his pocket, handing it to her. She slipped it back on and the pain stopped.

"What happened?" Elijah asked.

"This is a scared place for witches, and I'm a fairy, a species witches hate. Their stupid ancestors can sense that I'm here when the bracelet's off." Brynley rolled her eyes.

"What are we doing here?" Klaus spoke up.

"You wanna know what the witches have in store for you? Follow me." Elijah said and they entered one of the mausoleums.

"Sophie Deveraux. What is this?" Klaus sighed.

"He's all yours. Proceed." Elijah mumbled as Brynley grew up uncomfortable because of all the witches nearby glaring at her weirdly, being able to tell what she is. Elijah placed an arm on her waist and pulled her closer.

"You know you're famous in this town? Witches tell bedtime stories about the powerful vampire Klaus. We know Marcel was nothing but an orphan street rat, until you made him what he is," Sophie stood up. "And now he's out of control. He does what he wants, he kills who he wants. I'm gonna stop him, and you're gonna help me."

"This is why you brought me here?" Klaus laughed.

"Hear her out." Brynley spoke up.

"I don't need to hear her out. I assure you, love, there is not a thing on this earth that will matter enough for me to waste even thirty more seconds of my time. Elijah, what madness is this?" Klaus looked at his brother.

"Klaus. You need to listen to them." Hayley Marshall entered.

"You're all out of your minds if you think some liquor-fueled, one-night stand - no offense, sweetheart - means a thing to me." Klaus continued to laugh.

"Marcel may be able to keep up from practicing real magic in this town, but as keepers of the balance we still know when nature has cooked up something new. For example, I have a special gift...of sensing when a girl is pregnant." Sophie finally said.

"What?" Klaus questioned.

"Niklaus...the girl is carrying your child." Elijah repeated.

"No. It's impossible. Vampires cannot procreate." Klaus shook his head.

"But werewolves can. Magic made you a vampire, but you were born a werewolf. You're the Original hybrid, the first of your kind, and this pregnancy is one of nature's loopholes." Sophie explained.

"You've been with someone else, admit it!" Klaus screamed.

"Hey, I've spent days held captive in a freaking alligator bayou because they think that I'm carrying some magical miracle baby. Don't you think I would've fessed up if it wasn't yours?" Hayley crossed her arms.

"My sister gave her life to perform the spell she needed to confirm this pregnancy." Sophie said.

"You can literally just pee on a stick but okay." Brynley whispered to herself and Elijah smirked at her.

"Because of Jane-Anne's sacrifice, the lives of this girl and her baby are now controlled by us." Sophie informed and Brynley's eyes widened. "If you don't help us take down Marcel, so help me, Hayley won't live long enough to see her first maternity dress."

"Wait, what?" Hayley questioned.

"Enough of this. If you want Marcel dead, he's dead. I'll do it myself." Elijah offered.

"No. We can't, not yet. We have a clear plan that we need to follow, and there are rules." Sophie said.

"How dare you command me...threaten me, with what you wrongfully perceive to be my weaknesses. I won't hear any more lies." Klaus shouted.

"Niklaus. Listen." Elijah demanded.

"Kill her and the baby. What do I care?" Klaus stormed out and Brynley rolled her eyes. Elijah and Brynley turned to each other before walking out.

"I'm gonna find him." Elijah said as the couple walked out of the cemetery. Brynley glanced to the side to see the same blonde girl watching her. "You should stay here- Brynley?"

"What?" Brynley looked at her boyfriend. "Sorry, yeah, you go look for him. I'm gonna explore, okay?"

"Call me if you need anything!" Elijah called after her as Brynley ran down the street. She followed the blonde down the an alleyway and slipped her bracelet into her pocket. The blonde turned around and Brynley flicked her wrist. The blonde slammed against the wall and Brynley pinned her with her magic.

Brynley walked up to the blonde who couldn't move, thanks to Brynley's magic. "Who are you and why are you following me?"