first valentine

what can one month bring to mutual friends               

edited (9/18/21)

____________

it was the month of febuary love and feelings in the air, "valentine's day", a time when people show feelings of love, affection, and friendship. many people see valentine's day as a special day to express one's love for another and that's how jeongin and hyunjin looked at it as returning feelings for a special someone.

they both shared something for each other but never considered it as real seeing as they are all from different groups. all of their friends had some sort of relationship with each other;

changbin and felix found out they were more alike than they thought and decided to see where their friendship leads them and after that, things just happened, minho and jisung had crossed paths at a cat shop and hit it straight of the bat and lastly seungmin and chan have an amazing friendship. 

but jeongin and hyunjin never became friends or even made conversation but from time to time they would make some kind of eye contact in the hallways or while they hung out with their friends. 

maybe things will change

_____________

 jeongin has always had a different view on the month "febuary" and the events it holds, he feels that in high school or college, there are so many other things that could stress you out and until you totally have it under control and enough free time, then you should think that's an appropriate time to look for love. not while you're drowning in assignments, midterms and thinking about how college will bring student debt. seeing as he was close to the end of high school and had never even had any romantic interaction mentally or physically, it was just a waste in jeongins eyes. 

valentine's day may be a holiday for gifts and people think you need to spend loads of money on a present, but he disagreed. just love. a handwritten note should do, and if they are upset by that, they are not the one for you.

just to end it, he wants people, even his friends to focus on connections. connections with your family, friends, and lastly your love. he doesn't want to worry if he doesn't have a special someone to share a day with. jeongin just wanted to live a carefree life and had planned to keep it that way.

but things will change.

_______________

"jisung its a waste, valentines day is a fraud." jeongin felt frustrated that all his friends were mesmerized in some stupid "culture" and he was ashamed to say he knew people who were blinded by love and didn't see the bigger picture. they were the problem. 

"no jeongin you believe its a waste, not everyone thinks like that." as jisung went on his monthly rant describing love in the air and the meaning of feelings, jeongin found himself thinking about what he would feel if he was to fell in love. really not knowing the definition, although he knew the stereotypical basics. jeongin never felt in the right place to like someone but he has always caught an eye for someone. this, someone, was a mutual friend.

 they finished their conversation and walked into their classes heading to their assigned seats, jeongin felt the urge to ask jisung a slight question and yes curiosity did kill the cat but why not, "hyung can i tag along with you, while your at that cafe?" jisung was shocked by the upcoming question but never denied the giving a simple "oh sure!" and ending the conversation as the class began.

classes had ended and jeongin was on his way to see jisung when he noticed a tall arrogant smile, headed towards the same direction. "minho..hello." jeongin says with a touch of agitation and a glare, "hi jeongin." minho says noticing the discomfort in the youngers body language... they stared in silence until jisung broke them up with a nervous, "come on guys hyunjin and the boys are waiting for us."

"hyunjin?" jeongin whispered to himself.

"hey guys, jeongin wanted to tag along." minho says as he goes in for a group hug leaving jeongin and hyunjin to stare at each other causing a flustered hyunjin and a nervous jeongin. hyunjin walked up to jeongin and smirked, "come on sit." 

jeongin sat next to hyunjin.

and that was the beginning of their great love story

________________________________________

sorry for such a sucky ending im very busy and wanting to write but when i am done with this one-shot book i do want to provide a full book about hyunin maybe like a continuing of one of the books since they all have cliffhangers and why not stay healthy and safe.