2.

El paso; Marty Robbins

"DON'T SNEAK UP ON ME LIKE THAT!" Boone bellowed.

"hey! maybe you shouldn't have a eye on your scope every 2 seconds!" I yelled back handing him the documents.

"thanks."

"THANKS? all I get is a lousy thanks?  THAT LADY YOU JUST SNIPED SOLD YOUR WIFE TO THE LEGION!" I yelled throwing down  my things. I'm not saying the legion are bad people, they just do things different.

"fine, fine. I owe you. Is that better?" He grumbled.

"fucking ass."

"YES! THAT IS SOO MUCH BETTER.  So, I need someone to go with me to Ranger Station Charlie."

"your point is?"

"why is he so blunt?"

"well, you owe me. And I'll need the back up."

-

"THIS IS WHY I NEEDED THE HELP!" I yelled taking cover behind a toppled fridge.

"WELL I'M SORRY!"

"IF YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT ME! MAKE IT COUNT! TRIBAL ASSHOLES!" I yelled making a clean shot to take out the leader.

"so going to need a beer after this."

"ASHLEY WATCH-"

--

"ow ow ow, pain. am I concussed? am I dead? wait. Ada? fuck sake. No offense Ada."

"oh, none taken, none at all." Sarcasm laced in her voice.

"but seriously though, do I have a concussion or something?"

"No! oh my god. you got shot in the shoulder and your collarbone is broken. So, lay off or it won't heal correctly. and Boone is up in the dino for his shift. He's a good guy, just rough around the edges and a little messed up. but then again his wife being taken and being on the front line will do that."  She rambled closing the tents flaps.

"so, am I staying here over night or...."

"I'd like to keep you under observation. That and lately just over there at the corral there has been weird noises. Maybe you can help the McBride's out when you're better."

"yeah. Maybe. Or maybe I'll just retire. I don't know."

"what did you do before becoming a courier?" She asked settling on a folding chair.

"you really want to know?"

"I'm curious."

I sighed. "It started when I was nineteen, My father left Vault 101, only unopened vault on the east coast, as far as I know, but the overseer wasn't very thrilled, so thinking I knew something about it, they tried to apprehend me, but I escaped as well. Weeks later my good friend Butch managed to get out of there and we teamed up for awhile, then um, I started looking even harder for my dad, but uh when I found him he had real bad radiation. I was too late. BUT I started project purity, I mean thats what me and DeLoria called it, I almost died Butch though, he did. "

"you're crying." Ada pointed out.

"I have dust in my eye..."

"if you think so." She  muttered.

"asshat "

--

"ow ow ow, ugh. Fuck me." I grumbled sitting upright.

I stood up and grabbed my things and put on a pair of sunglasses.

"Well, take it easy. Watch out The Legion."