06 : 𝖧𝗈𝗐 𝖨𝗍 𝖥𝖾𝖾𝗅𝗌

「🌃」

「Beomgyu's POV

Tonight's air feels a little bit colder. It has always been this dull. These railings on the rooftop kept on shining weakly, reflecting the hazy lights from the neighboring buildings.

I've grown used to the scene. The moon and the stars were no longer a pleasant news to me. Not even the daylight. This whole time, all I ever dreamed of was to fall asleep. I wanted to rest. I wanted to close my eyes and drift away. But I'm stupid. My body is stupid. I'm honestly jealous of Y/N. That girl. I remember her falling asleep the other day when she was trying to make me so. I wish I could be like her; effortlessly drowsing off anytime she likes.

"Heh," I scoffed and leaned onto the cold railings. "Why can't you just sleep for once, Beomgyu?"

Now that Hana was away, I couldn't find any more ways to entertain myself. I tried calling Y/N but she was out of reach. The only choice I've got left was to stay in the rooftop and overlook the boring city ahead. I checked my phone. It was 2:48 in the morning.

"Hello?" A voice called out from behind.

I turned around and gasped. "Y/N?! What are you doing here? Why are you still awake?"

Y/N stuffed her hands inside her thin cardigan and toddled her way to me. She was smiling plainly. I stepped aside despite the handful of space. She stood next to me and looked down on the view.

"I just woke up." She said. "I slept all day."

I stared at her in disbelief. She just chuckled lowly, not looking at me. A soft breeze rustled past us, gently toying her hair around. Y/N tucked some strands behind her ear; I found it cute. Y/N rubbed her arms for warmth. I heaved out a sigh and leaned back to the steel barrier.

"Why is it that you always appear at times when I feel lonely?" I laughed.

"I do?"

"Uh-huh. Are you a stalker?"

"Keep dreaming."

"How? I can't sleep."

"Urgh." Y/N playfully rolled her eyes.

I feather-lightly punched her shoulder. She gave me a small curl on the corner of her lips.

"I wish I could be like you."

She looked at me. "What do you mean?"

"You can literally sleep all day. Isn't that amazing? Imagine how good it must've feel like."

"Heh. Believe me when I say it's not."

"Why?"

"It's hell for me. I'd more likely wish to stay up for a little more while like you."

I shifted uncomfortably. "You don't know how it feels, Y/N."

"Neither do you with mine."

Y/N rested her chin on her palms. I did the same but turned my head to stare at her. She had her eyes glued to the city. Her face softly lit up as the lights hit her skin, hair moving lightly with the wind, eyes twinkling like celestial fireflies. Has anyone ever told her that she's beautiful?

'What am I saying?' I thought. 'You have Hana. Why are you like this?'

"I wonder how it's like."

I saw her frown as she spoke.

"Like what?"

"Staying awake for too long."

"Don't you?"

She shook her head. I furrowed my brows. Has she been asleep for all her life or something? Y/N turned her back from the light and sat on the concrete. I copied her, crossing my legs as I settled my arms on each side. She had this troubled look on her face as she stared on the grey floor.

"What's wrong?"

"I.." She hesitated. "Nothing.. Just missing the good old days."

"Me too. I remember taking a nap in the afternoon when I was little."

"I miss waking up in the morning."

"We really are a complete opposite, don't you think?"

"Yeah. Awesomely weird."

We let out soft laughs. All of a sudden, Y/N yawned. She paused midway and shook her head frantically.

"Oh no.."

"What is it?" I tapped her shoulder.

"I.. Feel it again.."

"Y/N?"

"I feel sleepy.."

"Didn't you say you just woke up?"

Y/N leaned back, exasperated. She ran a hand through her hair roughly and kicked the air like a child having a mini tantrum. As much as I wanted to take her seriously, I couldn't help but chuckle. She looked so adorable. She gave me a stern look before rubbing her eyes.

"How can you get tired so easily? Damn." I mumbled, observing her. "You're so lucky."

"I'm not lucky!" She whined.

"If you're really drifting off, you should go back to your apartment."

She exhaled loudly. "No. I'm fine."

"Are you sure? You look like you're about to pass out."

"I'm wide awake."

"You're almost half asleep."

"I'm wide awake."

I raised a brow and shrugged. "Alright then."

I laid down on the dusty cement and stretched. The stars above me shone brightly like glitters glued onto a massive, black paper. The moon was hiding behind a thin cloud, making it radiate a dull, yellowish glow. Y/N and I fell silent for a good minute. I was expecting that she was watching the celestial bodies twinkle too but I was wrong. I lifted my head to check on her and she was still sitting there, head low and fast asleep.

"Would you look at this girl." I chuckled and sat up. "Y/N?"

She didn't respond. I could even hear her snore quietly. Shaking my head, I used my strength to carry her in a bridal style. I carefully took the elevator back to our floor and walked up to her door. That was when it hit me. I didn't know what her lock password was.

"Damn it.." I grunted.

"Mmm.."

Y/N stirred a bit and clung an arm around me. I deeply blushed. I felta sensation in my stomach for some reasons. Looking at her, she seemed peaceful and innocent. I sighed, deciding to take her into my room instead. It wasn't the first time. I remember bringing her home when I found her laying at the park. But tonight, it felt easier since we already knew each other.

"Ahh.. My back.."

I heard my spine crack as I tucked her into my bed. She immediately turned to her side, back facing me. I smiled fondly at her state. I brought the covers higher to her shoulders and patted her head shortly before leaving.

"Good night, Y/N."