07 : 𝖨'𝗅𝗅 𝖦𝗈

「🌧️」

「Y/N's POV」

I heard the pitter-patter of rain against the window as I tossed around. It felt so cozy and I didn't want to get up yet.

"Mmmmm, gosh.." I yawned and stretched.

Sitting up, I fluttered my eyes open to scan my surroundings.

"What..?"

I wasn't in my room but the place was familiar.

"Huh..?"

I tried to recall everything that happened last night. How I met Beomgyu at the rooftop, how we talked for a while and then I felt drowsy.

Oh, God.. I fell asleep?!

Frantically heaving myself out, I ran to the door to look for Beomgyu. I couldn't believe I just let myself loose last night! How embarrassing!

As I was about to twist the knob, I heard a loud quarrel outside. I froze and sticked onto the door and listened. It wasn't really my thing to eavesdrop but it sounded like Beomgyu was in a great frustration with a girl.

"HANA, I JUST TOOK HER IN! NOTHING HAPPENED BETWEEN US!"

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. YOU'RE ACTUALLY CHEATING ON ME, GYU!"

"I WASN'T AND I'M NOT!"

"OF ALL THE PLACES THAT YOU COULD'VE PLACED HER. WHY THE BED?! WAS IT REALLY THAT EASY FOR YOU TO BRING ANOTHER WOMAN IN YOUR ROOM?!"

"YOU'RE TAKING IT THE WRONG WAY!"

Hana..?

He's arguing with his girlfriend..?

All because of me..?

I heard a crash followed by a heavy thud. Someone was throwing a fit and I started to get anxious. What am I supposed to do?!

"I'm sick of this." I heard Hana whimper. "I did not spend my entire life building our relationship just for you to do.. THIS!"

"Hana-"

"Maybe dad's right. You're just like any other men."

"Listen to me!" Beomgyu hissed, his voice cracking. "I would never, ever cheat on you. Y/N is my friend. I only cared for her because I could feel like she understands my situation in some ways!"

"I understand you too!" Hana screamed. "ALL THIS TIME I'VE BEEN UNDERSTANDING YOU TOO, BEOMGYU!"

"I know! But I also need a friend, Hana!"

"A friend to bring in bed, is that what you're trying to imply?!"

"SHE'S NOT.. ARGH!"

I bit my lip and backed away. I found myself standing by the corner of his room. The rain poured harder outside and it only made me feel more terrified. I then heard a series of footsteps and seconds after, the door to his room swung open. I froze on my spot as I saw Hana- a girl with a short hair dressed in a business attire. As soon as she saw me, her eyes went sharp as if they were daggers trying to stab me. She rushed to my place, yelling.

"YOU!"

Beomgyu followed shortly. "HANA, NO!"

"HOW DARE YOU!"

SLAP!

"HANA!" Beomgyu bellowed and dragged her away from me.

I brought a hand to where she slapped me and felt my eyes well with tears. I wanted to defend myself. I wanted to defend Beomgyu. But I couldn't roll the words out of my tongue. I was scared. I was scared..

"WHO GAVE YOU THE RIGHT?!" Hana screeched, squirming from Beomgyu's grip. "YOU STAY AWAY FROM MY BOYFRIEND, BITCH!"

"CUT IT, HANA!"

"I.. I'm sorry.." Was all I managed to utter.

"Y/N.."

"YOU LIKED SLEEPING IN HERE, DIDN'T YOU?! YOU BASIC, PATHETIC WHORE!"

"STOP!"

Beomgyu furiously shoved Hana aside and pointed a finger at her. Hana looked at him, wide eyed as if he's never done it to her before. Beomgyu held her on both shoulders and firmly shook her.

"Stop!" He repeated. "Why are you like this?!"

Hana shoved his hands off him disgustingly. Beomgyu kept on staring at her. I could see in his eyes that we was hurt, dismayed, and regretful. His girlfriend, however, looked extremely infuriated and done.

"H-Hana.." I softly called. I took all the courage to take a step forward. "Beomgyu's right.. H-He didn't cheat on you.."

Beomgyu looked at me. "Y/N-"

"He's telling the truth.. I'm just.. I'm just a friend and nothing else, Hana.."

She raised a brow at me. "You really think I'd buy your words? You clearly teamed up for this, didn't you?!"

"We didn't!" I shook my head, tears threatening to fall. "I have no intentions to ruin you!"

"Y/N, you don't have to-"

"Oh, so you're backing her up, I see!"

"Hana, for the last time, stop it!"

She pushed him off aggressively. "Are you kidding me?! You're seriously taking her side?!"

"It's the truth, Hana. Fuck.." Beomgyu pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Beomgyu.." I nervously fiddled with my fingers. "I'm so sorry.. I.. Oh.."

I finally let a tear roll down my cheek. Beomgyu rushed to me to wipe it away. Obviously, Hana saw this and her mouth fell agape. I scooted away from his touch and hugged myself.

"I didn't mean to cause a wreckage in your relationship.." I glanced at Hana. "And you don't have to be mad at Beomgyu.. He loves you, Hana.. He really does.."

"Shut the fuck up." Hana seethed.

Beomgyu gave me a pained look. I guiltily turned my back and exited the room, tears constantly falling down stupidly.

"I'll go. For the sake of you." I bowed and smiled apologetically. "Thanks for keeping me, Gyu."

I hurriedly ran to the front door. I could hear Beomgyu calling me from behind but I didn't bother to look back. There's no sense of doing so. If staying close to him means that I could potentially ruin their relationship, then I'd keep a safe distance. I'd hate to be the main reason of a breakup. And if Hana and Beomgyu falls apart, I would certainly blame myself for that.