𝖤𝗉𝗂𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾 : 𝖱𝖾𝗌𝗍𝖾𝖽

「🍁」

「Beomgyu's POV」

"We tried to save the patient. I'm sorry, it's all we can ever do. So much blood has been lost."

The doctor left the room. Just right after I gained consciousness was when the love of my life took the last breath goodbye.

I held my lover's hand and wept.

"You're not doing this to me.." I whispered. "Wake up.. I'm so sorry.."

Things have changed since I was left alone. The old habit of us visiting each other's apartment was no longer there. I could no longer hear our voices sing sweet melodies, no more skins touching, no more bright days and warm nights.

All that I had were the memories of us. The short days that we lived together. I couldn't believe that one of us would give up. I thought we'd be in this journey together.

"It's been a month.." I chuckled and stared at the tombstone.

I chugged down a more few drops of Gatorade and placed down the remaining contents on the marble surface. Surely, my love would like some. It was her favorite.

If only I was prompt to admit the truth. That nowhere was the kiss intentional. That I tried to push Hana back. That she came inside my apartment unannounced. This wouldn't have happened if I wasn't such a coward.

I wouldn't have lost her. We wouldn't have lost our child.

"I miss you.." I cried.

Crouching down, I stared at her name engraved on the marble. To me it felt like a dream. A nightmare. I wish I was asleep all along and when I wake up, she's just peacefully laying right next to me. But no.

"This is all my fault.. I'm so sorry, Y/N.."

The cold wind blew, pushing a few maple leaves towards my direction. I stared at them as they moved freely.

"You're just like the leaves, baby.. Free at last.. With no more struggles to think about.."

I plucked out some weeds and forced a smile. "You're so unfair.."

"How dare you rest in there without me..? What am I supposed to do now that you're gone..?"

I took out a single stem of rosebud from my coat and placed it beside a lit up candle. I silently offered her my prayers before getting up to leave. It hurts to go back in my place without her but there's nothing more I could ever do. I must face the truth.

I toddled the mossy pathway to exit the cemetery. As I stepped out, I took one last glance of where she was buried. Right under a big maple tree, facing the meadows and the sunset.

What a lovely place..

Don't worry, baby.. I'll lay next to you pretty soon..

"I should've kept you awake.. Longer.."

A faint smile arched the corner of my lips as I drew out the medicines that I've been prescribed to take since my diagnosis. I threw it into a trash bin and calmly paced the lonely sidewalk, hands stuffed in my pocket.

I no longer needed those.

If I die, then so be it.

I want to be rested.

"I'll see you soon."

[END]