Chapter 4

"Are you telling me that my brother was also under the control of the sceptre? That he had no intentions of attacking Earth?"

"Yes."

Thor inhaled sharply. Befor he could say anything the elevator doors opened and Virginia 'Pepper' Potts stepped out of the elevator. Looking at the tense atmosphere she asked,"Is something wrong? What happened?"

Tony filled her in on everything that had happened in the past day, "So your telling me that Loki wasn't behind the invasion and he hadn't meant to do any of that?" she did not look happy.

"Yep that pretty much sums it up."

Pepper frowned, "Well then why didn't he say anything? I mean if he just pled his case... " she trailed off.

"There too many questions that are unanswered. I am going to speak to Loki. You all need not come." Thor stated

"We're all coming. We need answers too." Steve said. "There are many details missing and we need answers before we can reach any conclusions."

Thor only nodded and they marched down to Loki's room. All of them apprehensive and curious wondering only one thing what will they learn. Little did they know it might be a bit worse than any of them anticipated.
                      _______________________
Loki was tired. So tired. It had been so long since he had slept for more than two hours. He did feel comfortable here -not safe, nowhere is safe- his brain kept supplying him this thought. The pain was even worse. Odin had locked his magic so his healing was slow. He was certain that there would be infections if the injuries weren't treated soon.

He was hoping that he would loose consciousness soon. It was the only way he could sleep. Maybe if he had something to read he might fall asleep midway. Should he ask the computer. It couldn't hurt -it already hurts so much- Clearing his throat,
"Jarvis?"

"Yes Mr. Loki?"

"Is there perhaps some way I could read something?"

"No sir." Loki sighed. "I could ask Mr. Stark if-"

"No no no no no. It's alright. There no need." No need to call them in here. Before he could think of anything else the doors to his room opened. All of the Avengers and a woman he didn't recognize stood there. His mind started panicking. No no no. What did they want? Why were they here? He still managed to put on a scowl but didn't say anything not trusting his voice.

He got up from the bed. It hurts. Thor took one step forward. Loki held his ground. "Were you under the control of the Chitauri when you attacked?"

"Guess we're not gonna be subtle about it." Tony grumbled earning himself a glare from Pepper. Loki's eyes widened at the question. Why were they asking this? They wouldn't believe him. Lie, it's all your good at. "No"

"Do not lie to me Loki. Tell me the truth so that we may help you. Please, brother."

"You are not my brother." Loki was tired. He didn't want to listen to Thor and his lies. He didn't come when I called for him. He doesn't care.

"Loki please not this again. You were, are and will always remain my brother."

That made Loki break. He felt anger, frustration but most of all sadness. "Why? Why would you care? You put a muzzle on me. You never gave me a chance to speak. You never thought to check if something was wrong. In those four months you never once thought to visit me Thor. And you claim to be my brother."

"Loki you were put there for your crimes." Thor was growing frustrated.

"I stopped a war. I stoped a mad titan from invading your precious realm." Loki could feel himself getting weaker

"You gave up. You were more than capable of fighting against the mind control. You didn't even use your magic that you were so proud of. Shouldn't it have been easy for you to break free from it." Thor was angry and didn't even realize what he was saying.

Loki couldn't believe his ears. All that time, all that pain -beating, kicking, tearing- and Thor thought he gave up. He was exhausted already. "I gave up? I gave up? Well then Thor I would like to see you try and resist mind control after endless torture."

At hearing this everyone took in a sharp breath. Torture. They all didn't even think- that explained his condition when he first came through. Tony thought to himself.
Flashes of his own torture came to his mind but he brushed them away.

Loki spoke again, "Yes torture. But you never cared Thor. They asked me questions about Asgard. About you. I never told them anything but now I think I should have. It would have saved me alot of pain. And you asked why I didn't just break the spell then I am aware you don't know much but even you know that can't happen when my magic is blocked." Black was creeping into his vision. But he just didn't care.

"Your sedir was blocked?"

"Why else do you think I only used illusions?"

"Loki, why didn't you say anything in your trial? Why didn't you tell anyone. You went through torture for a whole year." Thor's anger had dissipated leaving only sadness.

Loki looked shocked, "You truly don't know?" he whispered.

"Don't know what?"

Hearing this Loki laughed which turned into a chocked sob. "He never told you did he? I never got a trial. Odin never listened to a single word. I was thrown in a cell where I was beaten everyday because I was a Frost Giant."

"A-and I know I am a monster I deserve it. I am sorry for all the lives that were lost. I regret my actions. Please, please just leave me alone." Tears trailed down Loki's cheeks. Thor moved forward. Loki flinched. He was tired. He couldn't take it anymore. He just wanted to sleep, to be at peace. Thor embraced his little brother gently. Loki pushed away with all his might which wasn't that much.

He gave up trying. The arms were so warm. He felt safe, protected. He embraced him back and finally let unconsciousness take over. The Avengers all saw him embrace Thor. They saw him relax and his arms go limp.Thor broke the silence.

"Doctor Banner", he whispered and if the room wasn't silent it wouldn't have been heard, "he's fainted."
                          ____________________
Yeah so, I have no idea what to say about this chapter. Thor's words were a little harsh but he amended quickly realizing his mistake.

That's what I like about Thor. He learns. Everyone else kind of became an audience though. ^^'

Share your thoughts on the chapter. Thank you for reading. Sorry if you didn't like it. I will try my best.

Your sincerely,
YeranJ