Chapter 12

It was a sunny day. The tower only had Tony, Steve, Pepper and Loki as it's residents. Thor had gone two days prior to talk to Odin Allfather about Loki. He had yet to return. Bruce Banner was at SHIELD headquarters to solve some problems related to some Chitauri weaponry that were found. Clint and Natasha had already gone on their mission.

Tony was flipping through some channels whereas Loki was peacefully reading while listening to music. They found out that the god seemed to enjoy music alot.

"Man, I'm so bored. And Pepper won't even let me drink." the billionaire whined even though he knew it was useless.

Pepper and Steve were ignoring him. Steve was currently drawing the god who was oblivious that he was being captured by graphite. Pepper was admiring his work and asking questions every now and then.

"And what should I do about that, Tony?" Loki flipped a page of his book. He had started calling everyone by their names eventually and though he called the two girls with Lady they objected to it saying it seemed too formal.

Tony only smiled, got up and went to his room. The other three ignored him already used to his eccentric behavior. Five minutes later he came back with a Rubik's cube in his hand. He handed the cube to Loki with a 'solve it'. He whispered to Steve and Pepper, "He won't be able to do it. I switched the stickers."

Five minutes later he was eating his own words while Steve and Pepper were laughing, finding the situation too funny as he stared at a fully formed cube, "H-how? How did you solve it?" Loki only shrugged in response and got back to his reading.

Tony started to say something but whatever it was got cut off as a bright light was seen. Steve grabbed his shield, Tony quickly called upon his suit and Loki pushed Pepper behind himself, also tense and ready to spring into action.

Four people were standing in front of them. One was a beautiful woman who was wearing armor like the warrior she was along with three very...unique looking men also dressed in medieval alien battling gear.

Tony was pointing his repulsors at the four, "Who the hell are you?"

The woman walked forward," I am Lady Sif and these are the Warrior Three, Frandal, Hogun and Volstagg." she said while pointing at the blonde, a man with asiatic features and a man who could probably run for a young Santa Clause.

The blonde, Frandal, spoke up, "You are the Avengers correct?"

Steve nodded warily. "Do not worry. We mean you no harm. We are only here to collect the prisoner, Loki." Instead of calming them down as he hoped this only made them more tense. What they said next suprised all four of them.

"Well then news flash O' Knights of Olde, Loki isn't going anywhere."

"Loki is a criminal. He attacked your realm." Volstagg stated, disbelief evident in his voice.

"Loki is innocent. He was under the influence of the sceptre. He didn't want to attack Earth." Steve spoke up this time shield still clutched tightly.

"Did he tell you this?" Frandal asked pointing at Loki, "He is a silvertongue. He lied to you. Do not believe anything he says." Loki clenched his fists at that.

Pepper stepped forward ready to defend Loki, the one who she knew as a sweet boy, who loved playing pranks and just wanted to be accepted as he was. "We believe facts and the facts state that he is innocent."

"So if you want Loki you have to go through us."

They all stared at each other and then all hell broke loose. Hogun attacked Captain who blocked with his shield and at the same time Tony fired at both Sif and Volstagg. They both jumped to the side to avoid being hit. Frandal launched himself at Loki and Pepper, who was again pushed behind by Loki whilst he stopped Frandal's attack using the cuffs around his wrists.

Tony once again shot at Volstagg who, despite his size, was surprisingly quick on his feet. He barely dodged a dagger thrown his way. It was not easy for him to fight here. Hogun and Steve were going neck and neck.

Steve had a few cuts all over him but he had managed to get a few solid hits on Hogun as well. Steve grinned to himself. Compared to Loki this person was slow. Due to those sparring matches he had against Loki he was faster now and he knew he could win. They both parted from each other only breaking a sweat.

"You are a good fighter." Hogun spoke for the first time. Steve nodded. "You too." And they went at it again. He saw that Loki was using his cuffs as a shield while protecting Pepper. Tony on the other hand was finding it hard to land a hit on Volstagg.

Tony was starting to get annoyed. He had been trying to hit that fat guy for the past 10 mins. He was looking around as Jarvis issued a warning, "Sir, behind you." He turned around as he was pinned down by Volstagg who raised his axe to strike. Tony fired his repulsor at his chest hurtling him backwards.

Tony gave a whoop of joy. Finally! He saw Loki had managed to grab a sword from Frandal and was now pushing him back, his cuffs acting as his shield. Tony wondered how good this guy was with his magic. He drew his attention back at Santa who was charging towards him with a battle cry.

He fired another blast and sent him flying into Hogun, the two making a crumpled, groaning heap on the ground. Steve and Tony got to help Loki but before they could do anything Sif yelled out, "Stop or else she gets hurt." In her arms was Pepper struggling to get free with a sword pressed against her neck. "Tony...", her voice shook.

Loki looked at her in shock and anger. Hogun and Volstagg came from behind and grabbed Steve and Tony, taking Tony's helmet off and also putting blades on their necks. Loki let go of his sword letting it drop to the ground. "Alright stop. Leave them. I'll come with you."

Sif smiled at him in a condescending way, "That wasn't so hard now was it." she said while Frandal chained Loki. "Also remove the spell you have placed these mortals under."

"I have placed them under no such thing Sif." Loki bit out.

"Are you going to lie even now Loki? Just tell us how to undo it." Hogun said.
Loki eyes flicked nervously, a habit Steve had noted when he was thinking of a plan under stress, "Just knock them out. It will release them." he finally said.

"What no..." Tony started but was knocked out as was Pepper. Steve was also hit crumbling to the ground. The last thing he saw was Loki giving him an apologetic look as he was taken back to Asgard. Then the darkness creeped in and he too lost consciousness.
                   ____________________
That was evil of me taking Loki's happiness like that. I feel like a very bad person. But don't worry he will get it back.

This was kind of hard for me to write as I have never written any fights before. I hope it was satisfactory.

I am sorry if things got confusing. Tell me what you think. Thank you for reading.

Your sincerely,
YeranJ.