Chapter 14

At this Thor only adopted a confused look. He looked at the faces of his friends noticing that they were worried. "Do not worry my friends. Loki has been safely transported to Asgard. It was what we agreed on was it not? That Loki would be taken back once the repairs in Asgard were fixed."

Tony couldn't stand it. He fired his repulsor at Thor who flew back and crashed onto a wall.

Thor got up looking more like a kicked puppy that didn't know what it was kicked for than angry. "Anthony what is the meaning of this? Did I do something wrong?" Tony was pissed. He was getting ready for another shot when Natasha stepped in between them.

"Thor don't you remember what we found out while Loki was here?" she asked her voice equally calm and curious. Thor once again gave that look as if he hadn't the slightest clue as to what was going on.

"Nay Black Widow. How could I if I wasn't here for more than a few minutes to drop him off. Then I returned to Asgard. Surely you all remember that?" he asked everyone, a hopeful look in his eyes.

Now everyone else was confused. Thor was there with them this whole time. He only left what would now be seven days and five days since Loki was taken.

"Alright big guy. Inside. We need to talk." Clint ordered. Once everyone was inside Tony sat down with a deceptively calm look on his face.

"Thor", he didn't use the usual nicknames, "what do you remember of the past two weeks?"

"Well I remember leaving Loki here and agreeing to send someone for him once repairs in Asgard were completed. I then returned to Asgard where I-" Thor stopped for a moment as if searching for something. "I cannot remember." He finally stated.

"What do you mean you don't remember? You gotta remember something man. You spent at least a week here. ", Clint cried out.

Thor only shook his head. "Nay friend Barton. I do not recall spending a single moment of my time spent here."

Bruce tried this time, "Thor try and remember. We found out Loki was under the control of the sceptre. He was tortured by the Chitauri and even beaten badly in Asgard. He was so scared at first that he flinched even at the slightest of touch."

Thor wanted to cry out both in happiness as his brother was innocent and in anger. How dare someone harm his brother?

But before he could say anything his head erupted in immense pain as a memory flashed across his mind. Loki shying away from his touch saying he was sorry over and over again.

Thor's head ached. "I-I remember Loki. He was afraid of me."

Tony called out to Jarvis, "Hey Jarv play all the videos we have of Reindeer Games." Tony hoped that watching the footage would jog Thor's memory. Then they would find out what happened up in Asgard. This was gonna take some time. He just prayed Loki would be able to hang in there until then.
                     ______________________
It had been four days since Loki was brought here. He was sitting in the lowest part of the dungeon. He, once again, was covered from head to toe in bruises, cuts and wounds. Ever since he had been brought in here they did nothing but beat him, whip him and torture him.

After every beating Odin would come and ask him one thing, "Will you admit your wrongdoing against the nine realms?"

Loki was no fool. He knew the moment he admitted this, even if he didn't do it, Odin would execute him. The only reason he was alive was because Odin wanted his last moments to be remembered as a monster.

So instead he came up with a colorful range of insults in which some of the milder ones included 'Go to hell', 'old fool' and 'egoistical maniac whose full of shit'.

This would earn him more hits but he only laughed. But he dreaded sleeping. Not because he was afraid of the guards but because of the spell Odin placed on him making him see his worst fears.

He would see his friends and family being killed in horrible ways at times. Other times they would be mocking him beating him, their eyes full of hate. The only thing that made him fight back was that he knew that they weren't like that.

But the worst was when it was he who would hurt them. He would be in his Jotun form. Their bodies would be lying on the ground mutilated, bloodied and he would only be laughing, his eyes filled with cruelty. It scared him the most because he believed he was capable of doing so.

Today no one had visited him yet so he had a little time to heal and think. It wasn't long though that Odin came in his cell his face showing no compassion for his adopted son. "Loki, you have failed to repent for your sins. This is your last chance, admit you were at fault."

"Why should I? So you can make a fool out of me in front of all of Asgard? So you can make me finally seem like a monster Odin? To that I say go kill yourself. Maybe I'll finally find some peace." A guard moved to hit him but Odin stopped him.

"Well then if you will continue to be stubborn we will have a public execution of you and those mortals who defended you."

"...What?"

"The Warrior Three had briefed me how three humans protected you and stopped them from bringing you to Asgard. They were harboring a criminal willingly thus they must be punished." He finished with an arrogant tone.

Loki was silent his face frozen with fear and shock. "Unless you are to admit all the crimes you have committed and that you had placed them under a spell of yours to do your bidding. And if you believe that Thor will not let that happen, well my poor boy doesn't even remember what happened to him in the past two weeks."

Loki was silent but his mind was racing. And suddenly it clicked. "You placed a memory charm on Thor." It was a statement more than a question but Odin answered anyways.

"Why yes and I can also make him forget his little adventures on Midgard if the need arises." He then exited the cell. Odin only walked a few steps that Loki called him

"Wait..."

Odin looked back a smug smile on his face.
                   _______________________
Thor was seething with anger. He wanted to punch something but took to pacing instead. How could Odin do such a thing? To his sons no less? He remembered everything after seeing the footage. He also remembered how his father -no Odin- bound  him in magic and blocked his memories.

His pacing was cut short as a figure materialized in the room. It was his mother. She looked distressed and on the verge of tears. The others were also shocked. "Mother? What is wrong? You were on Vanaheim? What are you doing here?"

"Yeah Your Majesty is everything alright?" Tony asked concerned.

She looked towards all of the Avengers her face grim. "You must all hurry and come with me to Asgard. Odin has announced that Loki's execution is to be held today."
                        _____________________
Poor Loki. Damn you Odin. Your a horrible father in my eyes and in this fanfiction. And sorry to fans of Sif and the Warriors. Yeah they're just following the king's orders though.

I hope it's written nicely even though I don't feel proud of myself.

So tell me what you think. I'm sorry if you didn't like something. Thank you for reading.

Your sincerely,
YeranJ.