7) Uncommon Disease

ZANDER'S POV

"Yesterday was amazing! I can't wait for tomorrow!" Hailey exclaimed, raising her hands up. Hailey and I are standing in front of the music club. Since classes ends faster in Fridays, we were able to be here quick.

"You seem so excited. What's that all about?" I asked. Her face turns red immediately.

"Eh? W-what do you mean?" She asked, slightly stuttering. This is really weird.

"Why are you blushing all of the sudden?" I asked once again. "I've never ask anything about your love life."

"Oh. Um." She nervously took a step back. "Daisy and I. We're official!" She cheered. I smiled.

"Aw, that's really great..." I said.

"Yeah! I thought she would like Jake but, soulmates are soulmates so..." Hailey muttered at the end, smiling proudly at herself.

I rolled my eyes, walking into the club. Surprisingly, no one was around.

"Where did everyone go?" Hailey asked. "Milly would usually be early here. Or Luke."

"Luke said he got a fever overnight. And you know his parents. Very overprotective." I said. "He's okay, though."

"Oh, good." She smiled. "What about everyone else?"

"I'm not so sure about Milly. Sean is probably eating lunch and Jake as well." I explained. "This is going to sound awkward without a drummer."

"Eh, it's fine. We can practice at Milly's house." Hailey reminded. "We also have five days after the weekends. I still couldn't believe that the competition is next week!"

"Yeah, me too." I sighed. Should I tell them? Maybe when everyone's here I should tell them.

"I'm really impatient. I'll try to find Milly. You go and find Sean and Jake in the cafeteria." She planned. Before I get the chance to reply, she was about to run. "Okay? Okay go!"

"I..." Hailey immediately ran out of the room. "Didn't get the chance to reply but okay?"

I didn't want to find Jake. Why should I find him? Anyone but him. I'm literally trying my best to avoid talking to him. I head my way to the cafeteria.

Just on cue, Jake was walking down the stairs with his hands in his pocket. I've noticed how he's mostly looking down and not making any eye contact. He would also seem like day dreaming instead of sleeping in class. It would make sense because he was scared of Sadie that he wouldn't sleep, but it's kind of unusual.

I decided to look around for Sean. He isn't around here. Does that mean he's with Milly? That's the other possibility. Then I'm forced to talk to freaking Jake.

I silently made my way to him. He was walking kind of slow.

"Jake." I called. Jake immediately raised his head at me.

"Hi Zander. I'm just going to the club." Jake said. "I know that class ended early, but I had to talk with my friends about some stuff. Sorry about that."

"It's fine. Hailey told me to go find you and Sean but he isn't around here apparently." I looked around once more to double check.

"Oh, yeah. I saw him upstairs with Milly. They were also heading downstairs but from the other way." Jake explained. I nodded.

We silently got our way to the club. Hailey was already inside with Milly and Sean. Jake went inside first. He seems to be in a bit of a rush.

"Okay. Everyone's here." Hailey paused. "Well, not everyone."