Bonus Chapter: The Tale Of (Y/n) and Sokka

Alright so when I first started these books, I had in mind the way (Y/n) and Sokka would seal the deal, y'know, get together, but later on I felt like it didn't completely fit into the story.

I had the draft for it and I tweaked it here and there and now it's published.

So, to clear things up, this isn't actually part of their story, but more of a nice bonus. Just something to sweeten the pot, I guess? It's just to enjoy, don't even think of expecting this in the actual story because there's no way I wouldn't put angst.

(Plus, ugh my writing style a year ago seemed so different than now)

It's a thank-you to all of you lovely readers because you are so supportive and loving and I always tear up when y'all say such nice things  So I had to reward you. I can't help myself, you guys are too good to me and I love you!

Ahem. Slight warning about kissing scene (and a lil bit more).

*

Sokka and (Y/n) walked down the candle-lit street, which could've been considered romantic if not for the suspicious scuffling up ahead. The streets of Ba Sing Se at night was mostly deserted.

Glancing sideways at him, she sighed as he stared distractedly at a few ostrich horses puttering about. Tension was high in the group because of Appa's kidnapping, and everyone had split up for the day. 

Sokka had asked her to walk with him and while she appreciated it, being best friends came with some problems for her.

For one, she was in love with him.

In the chilly air, she pulled her thin tunic past her fingers, rubbing them. Sokka noticed the small movement and wrapped his arm around her, pulling her to his waist. 

Laughing, his hot breath fanning over her neck and sending her skin into gooseflesh, he said, "I didn't think the mighty (Y/n) would find a problem with moderate temperature."

She shot him a glare, ignoring the way his firm, slim body pressed against her through her clothes. "I'm not a penguin like you, Sokka." She shrugged off his arm. "I didn't ask for your stupid arm."

He would've loved poking more fun at her, but he wasn't in the mood for idle chat. Bored, he pulled his boomerang from its sheath, threw it into the sky, and caught it as it came back. 

They walked past a building and into the alley beside it. Men were struggling with their ostrich horses, and by the windows of the building, he heard voices inside. 

(Y/n) continued walking, unbeknownst that he had stopped, and when she turned to him, she found his head sticking through the window.

She shook her head. Before she could call out to him, the ostrich horse, who was still struggling with its handler, kicked backward and hit Sokka in his back, sending him through the window, and inside the room. 

Screams erupted from inside. 

(Y/n) ran and peeked through in alarm, and found Sokka on the floor, collecting himself up and pushing the broken door frame away to smile at the audience of well-dressed ladies.

As (Y/n) climbed over as well, Sokka said sheepishly, "I am so sorry. Something struck me in the rear. I just...wound up...here?"

A chorus of laughter and approval rung out and they clapped at his unintended haiku. (Y/n) shot him a confused look and Sokka was just as surprised, but that gave way to a grin spreading across his face.

If only that smile was for her, she thought.

The lady on the stage, a fan in her hand and delicate make-up adorning her features, got up. She was obviously the teacher since she was much older than the others. "Five, seven, then five, 
syllables mark a haiku." She bowed her head at them. "Remarkable oaf."

Sokka didn't take the insult to heart. This was poetry, and he just got its formula. Thinking for a moment, he snapped his fingers. "My name is Sokka. That is, from the Water Tribe. I am not an oaf."

Again, they laughed, and (Y/n) folded her arms, leaning against the wall behind Sokka. He sent her a thumbs-up and she returned it, even when a scowl was plastered on her lips.