Book 2: Chapter 15: Sokka

Book 2: Chapter 15: Sokka Learns That Love Is More Than Just Sweet Words and Kisses

So, Imma need you're help if you're willing.

1. List down anything you guys want me to incorporate into the story regarding her travelling universes, like the things she could teach them about her world. Ill try to fit those in.

2. Any plot holes I need to fill/ any part that confuses you because I forget stuff I need to complete.

3. Any ideas y'all want in the story regardless that might seem fun, angsty, etc. And I'll see if I can fit it in.

4. I'm gonna start posting every ten days, if that's okay. It takes time doing the chapters and to keep up, I'm gonna have to extend the time to make things smooth.

Ugh, the urge I have to shoot angst and terror into everything I write. You guys are so lucky you're getting a full fluff today instead of someone snatching (Y/n) up to brainwash her. That is so not happening (but I want it to goddamn.)

*

It's the sound of loud crashing that wakes Sokka from his deep, horrendous sleep. Sure, maybe it is a gift to be pulled from the nightmare he was in, but that doesn't mean reality is any different or better.

If anything, it might be slightly worse than those stupid dreams.

Although he's supposed to be worried about the loud sounds of rustling and mumbles curses, he knows it isn't worth it at his state of drowsiness. Sokka rubs at his eyes. "Keep it down, (Y/n)!"

There's a pause in the rustling. Then, a soft, meek voice says, "Whoops, sorry 'bout that."

From Toph's compartment comes a disgruntled shout. "Can't you take one morning off from your monkey climbing?"

"Say that to my face!"

"I'd prefer being blind to looking at your ugly mug," Toph yells.

Usually, Sokka would bury himself into his pillow, drown out the noise, and fall back asleep quite quickly, but paired with a restless night and a terrible mood, Sokka doesn't have the patience as he whips off his blanket and slides his compartment door open. "Knock it off!" He shouts.

It becomes so silent even the morning birds on the rooftop stop chirping.

Sokka grumbles under his breath on his walk to the living room, where (Y/n) is on the ground, rubbing at her ankle. She looks up, sheepishly smiling. "'Morning, Sokka."

"Don't 'morning, Sokka' me," he grunts, eyeing her slightly bruised ankle. "You just hurt yourself last night and now look! You're hurt because you wanted to climb a banister!"

(Y/n) only gapes in confusion. And spirits, she's cute, alright? That lost, wide-eyed look does things to Sokka, but when his attention returns to the situation, he scowls as he grabs a roll of cloth and sits down beside her. She opens herself up automatically. Even as he rolls up the leg of her pant, (Y/n) is relaxed and watching him keenly, always observing and learning. It's the most adorable thing to see her head tilted with intent, as if he's doing the most interesting thing in the world.

"Can't even take one day to relax," Sokka mutters under his breath. He makes quick work of wrapping up her ankle, his fingers brushing along the smooth skin of her leg. His movement are unnaturally aggressive, and he knows (Y/n) notices.