Book 2: Chapter 13: My Sweet Peasant Boy, How I Yearn For You

Trigger Warning: Depressing and self-harming.//

I've seen a couple of rather alarming comments in my previous chapter and it really has me worried because I want you guys to stay safe and take care of yourselves. I know it ain't easy loving yourself. I've been struggling with that shit for half my life and it fucking sucks, but you can learn to love yourself. 

Honestly, I try to be (Y/n) sometimes because she makes me wanna be a better person for others and myself. She tells herself that she loves herself because the more negative you think about yourself, the worse the thoughts spiral. It definitely isn't a cure for anything, but it lessens a burden a bit, y'know?

So just take a couple minutes a day telling yourself you wanna love yourself and that you'll take care of yourself. I don't want to see you guys hurt, and hell, if that isn't incentive enough, Sokka doesn't want you hurt. 

And if you are self-harming, just don't. Trust me, find another outlet, but don't take it out on your fucking body. Take it from someone who's learnt to stop, it doesn't help. It never did. It's just an excuse to dig yourself deeper into a shitty, depressing hole that gets harder to pull yourself out of. It got addicting and dangerous and I don't want any of you to do that to yourselves anymore, okay? 

If you can't tell yourself that mantra, just stop self-harming, at least. Please. I need y'all to be safe.

// And that's the end.

*

It's kind of funny, really. I start this book in love with Sokka and end it in love with (Y/n)??? Is that even possible? I love her so fucking much and I'm gonna spoil her in the future, god I wish she was real.

*

It's too calm.

The train being pushed by earth-benders past the outer walls of the city of Ba Sing Se is quiet and all the passengers seem to share in the moment, to stare out their windows on the sunny day. On either side of the train cars are green hillsides where fox-antelopes scurry around, happily grazing on the grass.

To someone who isn't (Y/n), they might feel like something is bound to go wrong. She knows better. Everything that happens in Ba Sing Se is seared into her mind, so she takes the time to relax before shit starts happening again.

The closer they draw to the capital, the more excited they get. Katara points to a large wall they approach. "Look, the inner wall! I can't believe we finally made it to Ba Sing Se in one piece."

"Hey, don't jinx it!" Sokka exclaims, throwing his hands out dramatically. "We could still be attacked by some giant, exploding Fire Nation spoon. Or find out the city's been submerged in an ocean full of killer shrimp."

Toph beside him sends a flat look. "You been hitting the cactus juice again?"

"I'm just sayin', weird stuff happens to us."

Just as those words leave his mouth, a strange man with a glossy stare and a large yellow plant in his mouth takes a seat between Toph and Sokka, making them give him space. They stare at him as he chews the plant loudly.

Sokka turns to his left where (Y/n) is twiddling with her fingers, looping her ring around. He nudges her and mimics the plant-eater comically.

Her lip quirks upwards. "That's how you look when you eat meat."

He looks offended. Throwing a hand over her shoulder, Sokka lets her lean onto him as his other hand comes to play with her fingers, gently stopping them from wringing. "What's got you so strung up?"