Chapter 13

You open your eyes to find yourself still in your room. You get up and look around. You open the door and walk up the stairs to Sally's living area and her kitchen area. You walk into the living room and sit down on the sofa. You see Sally making some food as she hums to herself. She doesnt seem to notice you. You sneak up to her and you put your arm around her, as she jumps slightly.

"Oh. Good morning (Y/N). Didnt expect you!" She says cheerfully, slightly flustered.

"Oh, I'm perfectly fine." You respond.

"Good. I'm not letting you put of my sight for more then a second. Your not getting taken again." Sally says.

"Well, I wasnt quite fond of being taken. So that's fine with me." You respond.

You slowly wedge your way into the kitchen, as Sally goes over to the couch and begins to hum slightly. You find a few eggs, and you crack them into a skillet. You then add salt and pepper. Afterwards, you dump the eggs onto two plates, and walk over to Sally, handing her one. She smiles and removes her bandages slightly, showing her mouth, as she begins to eat. You sit down next to her while she digs in, and you try to strike up a conversation.

"So Sally. What was your life like while you were in the real world?" You ask.

"I used to work as a nurse in a mental hospital, after my spouse died. I worked the late shifts because I was the new hire. Then one day I snapped, and became under the entities control. It made me go bloodthirsty, as I was forced to watch as my hands began killing all the poor patients in their slumber." She says softly. You look down, feeling a little bad, as she wraps her arm around you.

"Dont worry. You didnt know. I don't mind." Sally says.

Feeling a little less guilty, you nod your head.

"Do you guys have flying cars yet?" Sally asks. You look at her thinking she was joking, but she was serious.

"Uuh, no. We have airplanes though. We can travel by flying at breakneck speeds for a price." You say kindly.

"What about space travel. Can we go to the moon yet?" She asks.

"Well. Not everybody. You have to work as a scientist who studies to become an astronaut.  It's very hard to become one." You explain.

"What were you planning on doing before you came here?" She asks you.

You freeze up slightly. In all honesty, you wanted to get into tech, and the cybersecurity field of work. But your not sure if your smart enough for all that. You honestly believed you would be 65, still working a drive thru.

"Uuh, not sure. It's a long story."

"Well, we do have time. Go on?" Sally asks.

You feel your cheeks get warmer, but your thankful that nobody questioned your mask.

"I was gonna be a- uh, doctor. Yeah. A doctor." You respond. Sally chuckles slightly.

"Your really not a good liar you know. But do me a favor. Never get good at lying." She jokes. You know you shouldn't lie again. She likely wont be cool with it again.

"Well. I am not exactly smart, good looking, or strong. I just kinda, exist. So I am likely going to be working around minimum wage, or maybe I'll work my way up to manager at one if I'm lucky." You respond, feeling a little gloomy.

Sally puts a hand on your knee.

'You dont seem dumb or weak. Dint be so dkwn on yourself." She says kindly. You see sparks of worry in her eyes though.

You look down as she puts down her plate and gives you a hug. You exhale, and melt into her arms. You return her hug. You feel at peace, thankful that at least you have one killer who will always be on your side. Your moment gets cut short, as you hear a knock at the door. The door opens and you see Anna walk in. She looks at you and glares, but Sally puts her hand on Anna's shoulder, and whispers somthing in her ear. She looks away, as you feel a wave of guilt wash over you. You really should've told them you were going to trial. They must've been worried sick!

A/N

Spray for the really short chapter. I've just been busy, and it's 2:43 as I'm writing this. I'll likely have a full chapter ready in the afternoon. Until then, bye!