Chapter 27

You feel the world around you spin, as your senses begin to return to you. You feel warm and relaxed. You feel a velvet sheet on top of your bruised and beaten body. You then notice your head is laying on a soft pillow, with an arm laying across your body, almost in a hug. You turn your head slightly as you hear soft breathing coming from behind. You see Amanda, sleeping peacefully beside you. You try to slow your breathing and you slowly move Amanda's arm off your body. After a few minutes, you successfully get Amanda's arm back to her side, without waking her. You try to take a step, but your legs fail under your weight. You quickly shoot out your arms to catch you, in hope of quieting your fall. You catch yourself, as your legs feel numb. You silently mutter

"I guess I'm still affected by that damn sedative."

You slowly crawl to a wall, and try to get back on your feet. After a few more minutes, you begin to feel confident in your legs again, as you begin to walk around and investigate your surroundings. Looking back at Amanda, you swear you saw very slight movement, but she still looks to be asleep, and her breathing is still slowed and soft.

"Maybe this seditive is messing with me I guess." You whisper under your breath.

You see some papers on the walls, and a little room beside the bedroom. There is no door, it's just like a small nook. You see a shelf with 4 pig heads, 2 extra cloaks, and a dresser along with more papers on the wall. You look at the papers and try to make sense of them. It seems like some complex trap, but you can't really make much sense of it. You look over at her cloaks. You slowly feel it, feeling the soft material. It seems like its padded with somthing. Opon closer inspection, you see its thicker, likely for colder climates. Going back, you see a small control room with a few monitors, and more plans on the walls. Looking at the monitors, most of them are looking at hallways. But one of them seems to be in what looks like a small bathroom area. You also notice a reverse beartrap sitting on the desk. Seeing that there are a few tools nearby, you think about messing with it, but decide against it. Amanda hasnt killed you yet, and judging from recent events, she doesnt seem to plan on killing you either. You go back to the smaller bedroom, to check if Amanda was still asleep. In your peripheral vision, you saw movement, but she is still lying on the bed. You look around the room next to the bedroom again, and open the dresser. Your kinda curious to what kinda style Amanda likes to wear. You see a few red sweaters, black tank tops, sweatpants, jeans, and a few panties. You hold up one of her shirts, to see if you are similar sizes, as you hear Amanda clear her throat from behind you.

"Ahm, what are you doing?"

You nearly jump out of your socks, as you look around, still holding her black tank top.

"Uh, nothing?" You respond.

"Well, judging by the fact your holding a shirt, and belt something else, I wont hurt you I guess. But like, seriously. What the fuck?" She asks honestly confused.

"Well, I was curious if we are similar sizes." You respond.

She just shrugs.

"Alrighty then. Are you feeling a little more acquainted?" She asks.

"What do you mean?" You ask back.

"I was watching you poke around. Falling isnt exactly graceful." She responds.

"Why am I here?" You ask.

"Well, Sally is having a few issues. Shes got alot going on right now and she kinda just snapped. So your gonna stay here for a while until I dont feel like she might strangle you in your sleep." She explains.

"Thanks then, I guess. Where do you keep getting these seditives?" You ask.

"Where does everybody get everything?" She asks back sarcastically.

"The entity?" You respond.

"No, the tooth fairy. Yeah, of course!" She responds, rolling her eyes.

Ignoring the sarcasm, you decide to look around at some of the plans on the wall. Amanda then comes up behind you and uses your shoulder as an armrest.

"Pretty cool dont you think?" She asks.

"They seem complicated." You respond, scratching your head.

"You will figure it out. I'll show you soon." She responds, almost joyfully. You look at her for a moment. You think to yourself, "Maybe she just wants to show off her talents. But learning how these things work will make life easier."

"Are you hungry at all?" Amanda asks.

"I could eat. Why?" You ask.

"I was gonna ask the entity for somthing. What would you like?" She asks you.

"A quesadilla would be good right about now." You say.

She begins to speak a different language, as 2 quesadillas appear in her hands. She hands you a plate, as you both begin to eat.

"So, are you feeling better?" She asks between mouthfulls of chicken and cheese.

"I'm feeling better, but still hella sore." You respond, mentally screaming at yourself for using the word "Hella" unironically.

"You know what, we have some time, I'm gonna teach you how these traps operate, and how to tinker with them." Amanda declares as you finish your food. She lightly grabs your wrist, not wanting to hurt you, as she's you downstairs and into a small room. On the room, you see a few traps, a few mannequins, alot of tools, and some parts and chemicals. She begins to take apart a trap piece by piece, explaining what each part is, and its function, until she completely deconstructs the trap. After a few hours, you finally understand how the traps work, how to make them, and how to tinker slightly. Feeling satisfied, Amanda begins to mess with her traps. You take one of them and you add some slow release toxins, making the trap release a slight seditive along with a toxin to slow down any unfortunate soul who meets the trap. Amanda hums happily, as she looks over your shoulder and sees you correctly upgrading the trap. Amanda then grabs a trap and arms it. She then puts it on your head, as the time ticks down. Feeling a bit nervous, you look at Amanda. She hands you a screwdriver, a small mirror, and a box cutter. Using the screwdriver and the mirror, you disarm the trap, not needing the box cutters. Amanda bods her head on approval.

"Your getting it. I'm glad to see that." She says happily. She takes the trap that you modified, and puts it in her cloak.

"I've got a trial soon. Want to come with? I'm sure the entity will allow it if you want." Amanda says.

"I dont think I should. It really is terrifying to go up against you." You respond, holding the back of your neck.

"That's fair. You can stay here if you wish. I dont mind. Just dont go snooping in my dresser again kay?" She jokes.

"Alrighty" you respond. You then see black mist begin to engulf Amanda. Seeing this as a good time to rest, you get back into the bed, and begin to sleep, feeling your body slip into a dream.