𝟎𝟔; dead meat

After the party, Joan sat in the passenger side of Josh's car, laughing quietly at the cheesy joke Josh had just made

    After the party, Joan sat in the passenger side of Josh's car, laughing quietly at the cheesy joke Josh had just made. Tai and Cher was fast asleep in the backseat. "It was really nice of you to dance with Tai." Joan whispers, glancing over her shoulder at the sophomore who snores quietly.

"Thanks, but it was really nice of you to dance with Tai, first." He looks over at her and watches her crack a smile before shrugging and looking over at him. "You notice any positive changes in her?"

"Yeah, under Cher's tutelage, she's exploring the challenging world of bare midriffs." Josh says making the blonde giggle under her breath. "I'm surprised your sister didn't hang out with ring-a-ding kid for the rest of the night." Josh says.

"Oh, I know but Mel wouldn't be too ballistic since him and all his buddies are working that case. Wait! You know what would be dope? Getting take-out. I bet they haven't ate all night." Joan says, with a smile on her face and raised eyebrows. For some reason, Joan was feeling happy.

"That would be pretty . . . dope of us." He slightly furrows his eyebrows at the word 'dope'. "Let's do it."

Joans smile grew wider and she looked out the window, watching the street signs pass by in a blur. Josh smiled genuinely at her before focusing back on the road.

Joan sat on the loveseat with Josh, brushing out her hair while they watched Rugrats. He sat on one side of her, eating something he had made previously. "How many times a day do you spend grooming yourself?" Josh asks, repositioning himself so her hair wouldn't get into his food.

"You know," she starts and flips her hair back and that action was like slow motion to the college nerd and he stared at her in awe, "some people aren't lucky enough to be as adorable as you are." Joan tells him, running her fingers through his hair. "Stop it, you're making me blush." He says sarcastically and she grins, just as the phone rings. She reaches around and picks it up.

"Hello?" She says, looking at Josh. "Hi, Joan." She giggles quietly.

"Hi, Gail." Josh's eyes widened at the name and he stares at her with a look on his face, telling her that he was not there. "Is my son there, cleaning out your refrigerator?"

"Uh," Josh looked at her with begging eyes, "nope. You should try the dorms."

"Alright, bye hun." Joan pulled the phone away from her ear and turned it off, looking back to Josh. "What was that all about?" She furrows her eyebrows.

"She wants me to come home for Spring Break." Josh answers. Joan grabs a hair bow and begins to throw her hair into a pony tail.