𝟎𝟕; encounters

Joan hummed to herself quietly as she gently strummed a few strings on her guitar

Joan hummed to herself quietly as she gently strummed a few strings on her guitar. Monica laid behind her on her stomach, reading a magazine with a doobie in between her index and middle finger. When the best friends hung out, this is what it was normally like although Joan nor Monica didn't complain. Lowly, Joan began to sing, only Monica could barely hear.

Outside her window, she hears a noise. Laughter. She looked toward it for a moment and then stood, leaning the guitar against her bed before peeking out. Tai and Josh stood on the patio, playing 'hacky sack', kicking it around with their feet. She frowned at how much fun they were having. Was she jealous?

"What's wrong?" Monica asks, noticing the blondes mood becoming sour. "It's nothing." Joan assured her and left the room, leaving Monica on her bed to continue her session with getting high. She closed the door behind her and jogged down the stairs, just in time to see Cher walk in with a saddened look. "Cher! Did you make your license?"

"No. I failed." Cher pouts. Joan winced and nods, shoving her hands into her back pockets and then she remembered Tai and Josh. "Oh, uh, Tai is outside," she says. Cher walks away and leads Joan out the door causing Josh and Tai to freeze.

"Oh, you're home!" Tai grins.

"Hey! How does it feel to be a licensed driver?" Josh asks.

"Wouldn't know. I failed." Cher says and they frown. "And, Josh, spare me your lectures about how driving is a big responsibility and you can't B.S your way through it."

"I didn't say it." Josh shrugs.

"You were thinking it." Joan crosses her arms, staring at Tai who turns and grabs a box. She followed Cher into the house. Josh catches a scent and gets closer to Joan.

"Are you smoking weed?" He asks. Joan looks at Josh and then runs into the house.

Joan enters the main room and notices a fire started, with things inside it from Tais box that once had belonged to Elton or reminded her of Elton."Tai, I'm really happy for you, but what brought on this surge of empowerment?" Cher speaks.

"It's, like, I met this guy who's so totally amazing that he makes Elton look like a loser." Tai says, in a daze as she thought about her new found crush.

"That is so great." Cher nods slowly, proud of her for overcoming her first heartbreak. Tai gently taps her feet. "Look, you have got to help me get, Josh, Joan." Tai chirps.

Joan freezes slightly and her heart drops to her stomach. She fakes a small smile and nods. "Oh thank god! It's just, you guys are like incredibly close."