𝟎𝟖; clueless

𝐉oan was persuaded by Cher to get into the Pismo Beach Disaster Relief with her and since she was graduating in just a few weeks, she couldn't say no

𝐉oan was persuaded by Cher to get into the Pismo Beach Disaster Relief with her and since she was graduating in just a few weeks, she couldn't say no. They stood behind a table, taking things into donation. A boy sits a box down onto the table. Cher goes through it and directs him to the bedding table.

Ms Geist walks toward them. "Oh Ms  Geist! I need more boxes." Cher tells her and the counselors eyes brighten in delight at all the items that were collecting. "Already? Great." Ms Geist looks to Joan, who continues to look around. "Joan," Joan turns and looks at her. "I don't think people would consider you a Heinous Bitch anymore." Joan chuckles quietly, watching the counselor walk away.

Travis and Monica walked in, each carrying a box toward Joan and Cher. "Proper. Nice to see you two," Joan greets and they sit the box on top of the desk. Cher went through Monica's box and Joan went through Travis's. Joan pulled out a glass that was used for smoking weed and gave the young teenager a look.

"I don't need that anymore. But far be it for me to deny anyone else," he cracks a smile and Joan shakes her head, placing it back into the box. Travis turns to Cher. "Hey, I wanted to tell you something," Cher looks at him and raises her eyebrows, "I'm sorry about your shoes."

"What shoes?" Cher furrows her eyebrows, digging through the redheads box. "The red ones with the strappy thing."

Cher giggles and waves him off. "Oh, those were so last season. What made you think of them?" Joan sighs and rolls her eyes and pushes the box back toward Travis. "It's one of my steps. I joined this club and there are these steps. There are...."

"Twelve." Monica looks over at her brother with an unimpressed look and he grinned and nodded, pointing at her. Monica rolls her eyes and looks at Joan, smiling softly. "Right!" He grins and nods; his floppy hair bouncing around his face.

He sticks his hand into his pocket and pulls out a crumbled up piece of paper. He hands it over to Joan who quickly scans it over, with Cher hovering over her shoulder. "ASL?" Joan furrows her eyebrows looking up at the stoner who nods. "Amateur Skateboarding League," he says, while counting the words on his hand. "This clarity thing, it's brought me to a whole new level. My skating—would you guys come Saturday?" His eyes were full of hope.

Joan shares a look with her sister. Cher smiles softly at Travis and then nods, "Sure. We'll be there." Travis grins wider and claps once. Joan folds the paper and places it in her back pocket.

"I guess you can put this in kitchenware," she shrugs, placing the object back into the box. Travis nods and picks it up and says, "I kept it in the kitchen anyways," before walking away. Joan let out an amused chuckle and shakes her head, beckoning the next person forward as Cher directs Monica to the table where she could put her objects on.

On Saturday, Joan sat at the table with Josh and Jake (Mels assistant). She didn't make it to the Amateur Skateboarding League event that evening and it did leave her disappointed, but she helped out her father instead. She sat next to Josh, once again, high lighting a packet.