PROLOGO

Moonlight. It was a thing that fit to worry anyone, and it was not worrying me anymore. It is a curse, a curse can kill anyone.

That thing actually famous to some parents in some society used to frightened their children, especially when the clock strikes in the middle of night, it means crime hour. But not my Dad, actually he’s telling me how Moonlight are fascinating and attractive they are. I remember how I used to believe those dumb thing back then.

Natawa akong bahagya habang nakatingin sa kalangitan, to the moonlight. I am actually coming back here at this place how this moonlight behaves, how this moonlight is fascinating as they say. This place brought many memories as I grow older, the idea seems inconceivable and it’s stressing me out.

This feeling. It was like I am walking to near death, but no.

Weird.

For some people, Moonlight is really that fascinating and welcoming, but for me it’s a pure curse.

“Still mesmerized by the moon?” a familiar baritone voice interfere the moment. And his scent, I recognized it.

Nang ibaling ko ang paningin sa kanya, he’s also leaning on the same railing. I sighed. Muli kong ibinalik ang paningin sa kalawakan. The city below us faded away as I’ve lost in my own thoughts.

“Maybe,” I answered and shrugged.

“Don’t you know the story behind Moonlight?” he asked out of nowhere kaya muli ko siyang sinulyapan ng tingin, but his eyes fixed on the starry night. It feels like his eyes sparkled for a moment.

Napalunok ako nang gumalaw ang adam’s apple niya. My heart skipped a beat.

D*mn.

“Aya?”

Ah. That story? My dad kept on telling me that before, but still, I turned my gaze and asked, “What about it?” Trying to distract this unfamiliar feeling inside me.

“They say moonlight represents the struggles finding himself, who experiences the ecstasy, pain and beauty of falling in love while finding himself, painful, yet beautiful,” pahayag niya.

“Is that so?” seryosong tanong ko, maintaining myself to feel awe with his statement.

He nodded.

In a heart-stopping moment, our eyes met gazes, a strange feeling stung on my chest. The wind blew stronger and the night got colder.

Hindi ko inalis ang paningin sa kanya, ganoon din siya sa akin. His eyes gazing mine deeply; It was dark and fascinating, seems like he’s entering the depth of my soul and I’m letting him in.

Suddenly, without warning his emotion became lively which plastered some unfamiliar feelings. Nanlambot ang tuhod ko sa hindi malamang dahilan.

“Be my Moonlight, Aya.”

Natawa akong mapakla. “Traitor.”

He playfully touching the gun came out of nowhere and directly pointed at me without hesitation. Unti-unting kumurba ang ngisi sa kanyang labi.

I knew it.

I closed my eyes as my tears began to drip. I can’t barely move when a bullet directly hits to my shoulder.

I trusted you, Lunare. And that's the dumbest thing I did.

“Too smart, Miss Arquita, e?”

He move faster toward me like a lightning, embracing me tightly and turned me around before a loud series of gunshot rang out.

I close my eyes anxiously as he started to loose his tight embrace. I heard a movement from far, someone advancing toward us, a familiar scent.

Unti-unting dumagandong ang malakas na tawa as I started to loose my consciousness. “Muori, signorina Arquita.