Emerald Eyes

It was a warm day outside, oddly warm for the now Autumn turning Winter of Italy. In accordance to this, the streets seemed to be bustling with many pedestrians spending time with their families. It could be seen that a boy was kicking a ball around with his friends, shouting and laughing as the adults watched from the sidelines, half watching their kids and half messing around with a book brought with them. On one of these benches next to the park, one man, with a face covered by a face mask, eyed down any who got near him. Most tried not to come near, making it easier for him to sit, feeding a couple of birds with a bag of seeds he'd brought with him. Suddenly, interrupting that wonderfully warm day, a breeze caught the man, causing him to shiver as his phone began to ring within the confines of a coat pocket. 

        Picking up the phone with a grunt, a voice could be heard from the other line; "Back....Now." A scratchy voice demanded, the man standing as the bag of birdseed dropped to the concrete floor, now leaving said birds to absentmindedly peck at the floor.

        Following the uncrowded streets, the man's walk brought him directly into the path of a more decrepit neighborhood. From somewhere in one of the alleys, a stray howled, picking out trash from a tilted garbage can. The animals weren't the only strays out in the open. A few children, nearly feral looking themselves jumped out of his way followed immediately by a few glares from a cut throat gang hanging out on the sideline. The man glared right back, showing easily how if it came down to it, it wouldn't be him getting jumped in this interaction. Minor annoyances, nothing more and once he passed them, he continued on his merry little way. Coming upon another entryway, the man ducked inside, stepping up to an old decrepit building which sank deeply into the others. 

        Walking up, he looked around, carefully avoiding the step that was caved in, sticking out like a sore thumb. Dark, faded umber walls painted a sad story of once former glory now fallen as he entered the medium sized home. Haphazardly thrown items laid scattered across the floor, though not in an incredibly messy manner. Unlike those of the houses around them, this one instead was filled top to bottom with things one might find....quite unorthodox. On the shelves lie a vast array of syringes, clean and pristine in their arrangements from the very tippy top to the bottom. Scattered across the floor were papers of varying official documentation, taking into account the likes of medical documents of public officials, high ranking social influencers and even down to the most minor of patients. The last thing of note that could be seen resting upon a table with no care in the world, were various tapes and a video recorder; one which the man had a prolonged interest in before finally entering the kitchen. There, a certain green haired doctor leaned against the counter, smiling as he beheld his "friend".

        "Secco!" Ciocolatta called, snapping his finger to get said man to come to his side. 

        He was on his knees before he could even finish his command, looking up with glee in his brilliant plum eyes. Defined teeth flashed in a smile, so wide and all encompassing that it could be compared to that of the Cheshire cat. Deep, richly colored lips stretched and pulled at the gums, a high pitched noise coming from Ciocolatta's throat as he began to rub Secco's head up and down in a vigorous motion. 

        "Ten Minutes early! Good boy! Good boy Secco!" He praised, voice akin to that of a doting mother. 

        Animalistic grunts slipped from the covered man. Each groan was a happy rapture, illustrating how at this point, he was more beast than man. From the time they had first met, to when he entered the gang, and even when they had become a part of the boss's Unita Speciale, it was no secret that Secco's mental health had been rapidly degrading. This complemented Ciocolatta quite nicely however, making the two quite the terrifying duo to go up against. Playing with a couple of sugar cubes, Ciocolatta threw them into the awaiting maw of his "pet", their form being caught quite swiftly by an elongated tongue.