Chapter 23: Playing with a Curl

Clarkes pov:
After everyone went to bed I decide to visit him for the fourth night. As I'm approaching his tent my hands start to sweat. My throat became dry. I don't know what to expect.

My hand grips the flap covering the entrance of his tent. "Bellamy." I softly say. He flinches slightly but then relaxes.

He is huddled in the far left corner pulling his knees to his chest and holding them tightly. "Hi." I say as quietly as I possibly can. "Don't hurt me." He instantly says. I walk slowly over to him and sit about four meters away.

"I won't hurt you. I just brought food and water." I say and push the canteen and tray of food towards him with my foot. This time he looks directly at it. He takes the canteen and holds it in his hands for a moment. Then takes a drink of water.

"What happened?" I ask not knowing if he will reply or not. "Things." He said. Then all of a sudden he let go of his legs and started pulling at his hair. "I can't do it just please stop!" He said clawing at his hair.

"Bellamy you are safe here. You don't have to tell me right now." I tried to move closer but he just pushed himself farther into the wall of the tent.

"I just want to help you." I scooted closer. "It hurts. It just hurts!" He cried out. My chest felt like it was being pulled and twisted. Hearing him sound like that makes my heart ache.

"Bellamy just focus on me." I say and grab his face so then he's starring at me. His brown eyes looking broken and glassy. Then all of a sudden his expression completely changes. It's then replaced with a sigh of relief. "Princess." He sighs and uses his right hand to hold my face.

"I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere." He then lays his head in my lap. "Oh thank god you're alright." He says and puts a hand on my knee. His breathing is starting to level out. To help him calm down I run my fingers through his hair. Playing with a curl every once in a while.

A/N: almost 4,000 reads and over 250 votes! I never thought this book would amount to that but it did and I want to say thank you for reading and voting and commenting! I do appreciate all the positive feedback and I would respond but my Wattpad does not let me vote, or comment on anything so apologies.

But thanks again and enjoy this chapter :)