Chapter 4

Obiwans POV:

Qui-Gon has insisted I don't tell Cal or Galadriel about what happened, it would only break their hearts. Or make his wife refuse to let Cal become a Jedi. Plus he was here now. Good as new.

Qui-Gon had adopted me into his family. Galadriel was the mother I never got to know and little Cal, although stubborn and strong willed, not unlike her father, was the little sister I never knew I needed.

I still felt conflicted. I had no problems keeping this a secret, I had many secrets of my own. But I didn't understand how loving someone could be a path to the dark side, a subject I'd discussed with Qui-Gon many times.

I make my way into the Solar and see little Cal being introduced to the young boy Anakin.

Something about him made me uneasy. He seemed innocent enough but I knew I'd have to watch him grow up and deal with the pain of having left his mother and all the trials he'd face as a youngling starting training so late.

I had voiced my concerns to Qui-Gon who assured me that he would request to be Anakins Master. If anyone was able to properly train a problem child, it was him.

I hoped that Cal would join the order and I could request her as my padawan. She was already so skilled in combat and defending herself. And her father and I had spent as much time as we were able teaching her how to tap into the force.

She was ready, more than ready to be a padawan learner. But I understood her hesitation. She didn't want to be controlled. She wanted to do the right thing for the sake of doing the right thing.

She also despised the rules of attachments. She cared so deeply for those she chose to trust and she has explained to me that she never wants to made to feel shameful for doing all she can for the people she loves. She is far beyond her years, the Lestradian people typically were.

I go up to where Qui-Gon, Anakin and little Cal are.

Cal turns to me, "Sorry for leaving you behind Obi. I had to see father." She says and hugs me.

"That's quite alright my dear," I say and hug her close to me.

I break from our hug, "Cal, could you take Anakin out into the castle. Your father, mother and I have much to discuss."

She nods, runs up to the boy and they both walk quietly out the door together.

Something about them as a team leaves an anxious feeling in your stomach. I don't understand what it is or what it could mean.

I furrow my brow.

"It's premonition, my padawan," I hear Qui-Gon say beside me, having sensed my anxiety.

"Premonition of what?" I ask.

He waves towards where Anakin and Calypso just walked out.

"You get a feeling when you see them together. Like they are going to be instrumental in one another's lives. Very important, potentially disastrous." He says.

I nod. Precisely.

If he hurts her, I swear, you will destroy him.

I don't quite know what else to say about the matter and decide to pick it up again later.

"We should get going," motioning towards Galadriel and hinting at the discussion that needs to be had.

Qui-Gon nods. "Yes, of course."

He motions to his wife.

"We need to talk my dear," he says and pulls out chairs for us.

She nods nervously. She KNOWS.

I wish I could comfort her. But instead I take the seat across from Qui-Gon and begin a most difficult discussion about the future of Little Cal.