Chapter 29

Calypso's POV:

Anakin and I make our way into the dining room, arm in arm. My place setting was right near the back of the table, my mother to my left, my father in front of me and Anakin to my right.

The other guest around the table were senators, many Ive seen on occasion but never officially met. My mother leans towards me and whispers their names as she points to them.

"There's Mina Bonteri on the left of Satines chair and her son Lux. Next to them is Senator Rush Clovis and his girlfriend, Senator Padmé Amidala, the former Queen of Naboo. Next to them is Senator Bail Organa and his wife, Breha," She says. "Next to Anakin is Onaconda Farr and Senator Aang." She finishes speaking and the door to the right of the dining room opens.

We all look to the door and I see two guards come forward, followed by the Duchess and Obiwan, hand in hand.

Anakin turns to me, confused, and I grab his hand subtly

Anakin turns to me, confused, and I grab his hand subtly. I'll tell you later. I think to him. He smiles, letting me know he understands.

Obiwan leads Satine to her chair and kisses her hand. She smiles at him with pure love behind her eyes and he goes to his chair beside her. I glance at my father to gauge his expression and I'm surprised. He seems... proud. He knows. He's always known and I love him for it.

Satine sits down and we all do the same. I glance at Anakin as we're being served the appetizers and I see him and Padmé make eye contact and she gives a slight wave, which Anakin returns with a cheeky smile.

It sends a rush of hurt through me, although I'm not sure why. Anakin has told stories of Padmé when he'd met her on Tatooine and then gone on to help her liberate Naboo. But they had separated many years ago and she was with Senator Clovis. But still I felt uneasy. I want to discuss my fears with Anakin, for him to set my mind at ease.

*****

After dinner my father and Obi were asked to accompany the Senators and Duchess for a stroll.

I offer to put my siblings to bed since Ilda had been with them during dinner. My mother nods. "I think Ilda would appreciate the help, they can be a handful."

I bow and leave the room, Anakin beside me. When we were out of sight of the rest of the guests Anakin grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers, grinning down at me.

We make our way to my parents room and relieved Ilda, who looks about ready to pass out. Thankfully, my siblings were already in their night clothes.

They had so much energy and decided to play a game of keep away from the both of us. We both scurried around the best we could in fancy clothes.

To think we both have been on endless missions and captured countless outlaws and yet we're outmanned by two children. Of course we're not entirely trying to catch these children, the giggles and fits of laughter are well worth the chase.