Chapter 46

Anakins POV:

Obiwan knew about Galadriels passing. He didn't say how, but that means that Calypso knows. I wasnt there for her. I couldn't have been. But she didn't deserve to find out any way other than directly from her father or me.

Yesterday when Qui-Gon came to the house by the ocean, I stayed out by the beach. It wasn't my right to be there. The pure excitement on Juniper and Alekseis faces when they finally saw their father was incalculable. But it was short-lived when they then asked about their mother. I had excused myself and thats when I got the hologram from Obiwan.

Calypso was on her way now to be with her family as long as she could before reassignment by the Jedi Council. I was nervous to see her, I didn't know how she felt about me currently and that scares me. Calypsos feeling have often been a question mark but now she's become closed off to me and it makes me anxious.

Its now noon and I've been alone in the Haven all day. I had just been anxiously pacing this morning, anticipating Cals arrival and it was driving me insane. But with my saber in my hand, destroying battle droids I'd reprogrammed and reassembled, I was able to block out everything else.

I felt a presence behind me and I turn off my sabers to face them. Its Juniper and she's struggling to pick up one of Cals old practicing rods off a shelf. I run to help her just as she forces it forward into her tiny palm. She is constantly surprising me with her strength in the force and at only five.

"Me too," She says and starts to swing the wooden rod around, knocking my knees. I laugh and correct her stance. I stand behind her and show her the basic three stances.

I grab a practice sword and stand in front of her, slowly bringing my sword to meet hers. She giggles each time our blades meet and I cant help but laugh too. She starts to bring her sword every which way, no technique, just for fun and I work to not get hit.

"I see you've taught her everything you know," I hear a voice behind me and my heart stops. I whip around and see Cal leaning against the door. She looks so much older than the last time I saw her and her eyes, usually so full of life, are dark and sad.

"Cal," I say and drop my weapon, unsure how to act. I want to hug her but I don't know if she wants me to, so I stand awkwardly, hands clenching and unclenching. Juniper saves me, however, and runs to hug Calypsos legs.

"Catso!" She explains and Cal smiles down at her, rendering me completely helpless. God, I've missed her.

"Have you seen Leksei and papa?" Juniper asks and Calypso shakes her head. "Not yet." She answers and turns to me, making my heart beat faster. "They weren't at the palace, but guards pointed me here," She explains.

"They're," I say but my voice comes out hoarse so I clear my throat and start again, "Weve all been staying at the house by the ocean," I say and she nods.

Juniper grabs her hand to get her attention, "Lets go back home, please?" She begs and Calypso takes her hand and turns to leave. "Hey," I call and run after her grabbing her shoulder but she flinches and tenses up before removing my hand. Her reaction to my touch makes my heart tighten, I wish I knew what shes been going through.

"Can we talk? Please?" I ask with pleading eyes.

"No." She turns away from me and moves the door to leave.

I was in shock. I mean I thought that maybe we'd fight once we started talking but for her to refuse altogether? That wasn't like Cal. I was upset and angry. We would have to talk eventually, I wouldn't allow us to stop talking again, that had nearly destroyed me.

I run after Calypso and Juniper and fall into stride with them. Juniper reaches for my hand and I graciously take it. I look from her to Cal, who won't even look at me, only dead ahead. Angry tears well in my eyes but I dont let them fall, I wont show such weakness.