Chapter 1 - So, Dying Sucks

One thing I really, really hate, is unexpectedly dying. Not that I could have penciled it in of course, I wish I could have though.

Does it have any idea how busy I have been? I needed to relax, I needed time to be in the elements and just let go.

Dancing outside during a thunderstorm does that for me, it's freeing and the thunder and lightening can be like beat.

I also didn't expect to get myself struck by lightening, not once, but twice nearly instantly while doing so.

Nor did I know that in another universe parallel to mine a little girl was doing the same while home alone outside of her house.
————————————————————
3rd POV

"Caroline? Caroline honey?" Liz cry's desperately while holding her dead five year old daughter tightly to her chest.

When they got home they found her dead, soaked to the bone on the lawn, her husband is inside drinking a beer, trying to drink away the pain of losing their daughter.

Liz can't help but hope that she wakes up, she has to. Then she hears a gasp of breathe through her crying.

"Caroline," Liz says with now happy tears as she rocks her daughter back and forth "it's okay baby, mommy's got you, you just can't die on me okay? We need to get you to the doctor, we gotta make sure you're going to be okay" she says as she carry's her gasping daughter into the house.

"Bill" Liz cry's desperately "she alive"

"What?" He asks feeling relieved as he turns towards his wife carrying what he thought was his now dead daughter.

"She's alive!" Liz cry's out, both scared and happy "call the ambulance, I don't want to put her down"

Bill nods vigorously as he grabs the landline and dials the ambulance. After he's done he turns to his frantic wife caring for his daughter

"They'll be here in 5 minutes at most" he says as he walks over and puts his hand soothingly in his daughter hair, hoping to help sooth his little Caroline as his wife cry's.
———————————————
Mystic Falls Hospital

I heard voices around me and my eyes flickered, trying to open but I couldn't.

"Caroline baby?" I hear a voice say as someone touches my head, I try to jerk away.

"No, no honey, you don't want to do that. They gave you stuff to stop the pain. Just rest baby" I hear the voice soothingly say as I drift back out of consciousness.
————————
3rd POV

"Is there anything they can do about the scar?" Liz asks the doctor with a frown.

"No, sometimes if a person survives getting struck by lightening they will scar. We can't change that. I'm sorry" the doctor says apolitically while looking at the little girls scar that starts on her neck and spreads out.

"Is she going to survive?" Bill asks the doctor from the other side of his daughter.

"It sure seems so, she's strong. I think she got struck twice too, there's a small patch of scar around her wrist" the doctor says before he leaves the room.

Liz puts her head in her hands, her poor baby, she'll have to make sure that she grows to love her scars. She can do this, she will mother this girl better.

Bill looks at his daughter relieved and let's out a sigh, when she's all better he will need to leave. He loves his daughter and he in his own way loves his wife, but he just isn't really, truly into women you know?
—————————————

When I woke up again I could only move sluggishly.

"It's okay baby, it's okay, you got struck by lightening but you're okay now. They say brain activity is brilliant" a lady I swear I've seen somewhere before says.

"Who are you?" I ask her confused, in a voice that wasn't even mind and sounds way to young to be my own.

"I'm your mom" she says chocked up as she pats my head, tears in her eyes "I'm your mommy and I swear I'll do better."

"Then who am I?" I ask her confused, who's voice is that? It can't be mine, I'm not practically a baby.

"Caroline Forbes honey" she says with sadness in her eyes.

Oh no, oh no.

"How old am I?" I ask again, oh god, that little tiny voice is mine. . .

"5 years old sweetie" she says quietly but she continues before I can ask anything else "you live in Mystic Falls Virginia and you love being in the rain and dancing around, you decided that someday you wanted to be a cheerleader with Elena and Bonnie."

Oh no, fuck that. I'm going to pull away from all of that. . Well, not the dancing in the rain or during the thunderstorms though.

But being friends with them?

No thank you, she'll pass on the fake friendships and having to always feel unwanted by them and the vampires.

Maybe maybe, she'll be friends with Bonnie, but ONLY Bonnie.

Fuck, she'd prefer Klaus, at least he's straight forward about his intent, not wrapped up in a fake pretty package or something.

She's isn't like Caroline.

She will kill to protect herself and others if she likes them AND she will bury a damn body or ten if she needs to too.

Besides, she would rather be all alone then put up with any of that bullshit that they do.

And both Caroline and Bonnie deserved some happiness too.

So, staying with Elena, on her side where only the great Elena Gilbert's happiness matters?

No thank you, not a fucking chance in any version of hell.