Chapter 6 - Date With Trouble

The school game is supposed to be tonight, which means that Mr. Tanner will more then likely die tonight. I'm kind of hoping that he will, he is such an asshole. Although Jenna doesn't live with the Gilbert's right now, she's back in school at Whitmore College so if Alaric does come to town will he be killed?

I have no idea, everything is different right now. Walking through the halls I go to my locker and grab my things. When I turn around I accidentally bump into Niklaus, who's smirking at me in barely concealed amusement.

"What are you doing love?"

"I was leaving." I state with a small chuckle and then I frown in confusion before asking cautiously, "Why are you here Niklaus?"

He shrugs with that irresistible smirk on his face. I feel myself flush as his hand ghosts along my cheek gently. "Well, I wanted to see you of course."

"You know exactly who I am." I say with a huff as a smirk fights its way onto my face. Cheeky bastard, ah I adore him, more then I should probably.

"Nah" he replies cheekily, his dimples showing. "How could I know that when you haven't told me what your name is yet love?"

Raising an eyebrow at him I chuckle softly and then shake my head, a small smile on my face. With a sing-song voice I reply cheerfully "Liar liar, pants on fire."

Nik smirks as he moves towards me and cups my face between his hands and then pecks me chastely on the cheek. He removes his hands from my cheeks and then wraps one of his hands around mine, tugging me along behind him out of the school building while multiple students watch us leave curiously. Bonnie however looks thrilled and Jeremy is chuckling behind his hand in amusement.

"Where are we going?" I ask him curiously as he walks me to his car. I see Damon waiting outside by his vehicle, his eyes narrow when he sees Nik but otherwise he focuses back on the school building.

He hums in response. "That my sweet Caroline is the surprise."

"What if I hate surprises?"

"You don't." Nik states simply, his eyes shine with amusement as he says it.

I chuckle and shake my head and reply jokingly. "Are you stalking me?" It is a good question though, he isn't supposed to be here for a whole other season and a half or something like that.

After a beat of silence he responds, shaking his head. "No, but I have been accidentally — finding you, you could say. Unintentionally of course. I had things to do when I first came across you."

It's left unmentioned that the first time he found me was when I had been a child and nearly died from falling from a tree, that is supposed to be compelled away. How to bring that up? Should I even? Of course I'll have to, damn that's probably going to be a violent conversation.

Bonnie, Jeremy and I want to be left out of the upcoming madness and the deaths that will follow. Lately it seems like the plot has more so found us then the other way around though.

Speaking of Jeremy, he took it surprisingly well when Bonnie and I told him. But, I'm not sure if he was high or not at that time. It's possible that he didn't believe Jack shit of what we told him though either. We'll just have to make sure he's okay later.

"So, where are we going?" I ask him again curiously as he drives out of Mystic Falls.

He chuckles again. "I told you love, it's a surprise."