Chapter 7 - Confusion

Finding out that the football game was actually like two weeks ago was odd. Especially when they say that she was only out of it for two days, but she doesn't remember any of the last two weeks in the slightest. So I was brought to the hospital with my extremely worried mother and my best friends.

I felt like something was missing but I wasn't sure what. The dream.. it couldn't have been a dream. So why does it feel like one?

"The Founders Day Ball is tonight Caroline." My mother says as I walk into the kitchen for breakfast. "Do you feel up to attending?"

Humming in response I frown. "Maybe."

Hearing a ding on my phone I glance down.

From Niklaus :
Wait for me. I'll find you. Then I'm going to kill those witches, love. You want to find out my secret? You'll get to see it first hand my sweet Caroline.

There was nothing else in the message, it's likely that whatever happened affected him as well. I suppose if has text rant is anything to go by he probably remembers more then I do.

——

It didn't seem like it took too long for them to need to go to The Founders Ball at the Lockwoods. I found a cute flowery dress, then left with Bonnie and Jeremy to the Ball. When we arrived the place was in full swing as they sometimes say.

"Caroline." Mrs Lockwood says cheerfully. "Bonnie. How lovely! Come in, come in."

"Thank you, Mrs Lockwood." We reply almost robotically.

As we walk inside we roll our eyes after we pass her and then stand by the wall boredly. In essence, we chose to people watch. Damon was all.. problematic, Stefan seemed to be prepping to swallow a lemon and Jenna was running away from a jack ass.

Grabbing Bonnies hand I lead her towards Jenna. "Hi Jenna!"

Jenna pauses, giving us a small unsure smile before glancing behind her to see Logan on his way over. "Uh, I gotta.."

"Fell, no means no." I shout causing the man in question to stop walking, his eyes wide in shock as he glances at me, then Jenna and Bonnie.

Cautiously he clears his throat and glances around awkwardly as the others at the party look at him with a frown. "Caroline. Jenna I."

Jenna puts her hand up to stop him which he surprisingly does stop. She has a small cringe on her face. "Just like Caroline said, no means no Logan. I just.. I can't with you."

Logan looks at her in shock and shakes his head. "But Jenna.."

"She said no." Bonnie says sternly as we wrap our arms around Jenna's and turn her away from him.

The man was just going to use her anyway, I mean sure he loved her in his own toxic, not so good way. But that doesn't automatically make him a good or decent person. We end up leading her outside and talk to her near the cars.

"Guy troubles." Jenna says with a sigh as she shakes her head. "He cheats on me, over and over again and he just expects me to take him back."

"You're not going to are you?" Bonnie asks her with a frown.

"Honestly Jenna, you deserve so much better then Logan Fell." I say with a nod. "He seems like an asshole and a jackass."

Jenna shrugs her shoulders and looks at us thoughtfully. "I'm surprised you both don't get along with my niece."

We shrug our shoulders and I sigh. "I'll be right back, I need to use the bathroom."

Getting up I make my way back inside and walk around trying to find the restroom. It felt like it took forever, but considering how big the house is it shouldn't be surprising. On my way back down I felt a hand cover my mouth and an arm wrap around my waist, tugging me against a strong chest. Trying to fight back I swing my head back, only to hit it against a wall and as I was kicking my legs hoping to hit something I find myself pushed right up against the wall, with my head being pressed into it.

"Caroline right?" I hear whispered into my ear and then an angry chuckle as he slams my head into the wall. "All I had wanted was a feed and a fuck. Nothing much really, if you were good I would've just kept you around awhile."

Swallowing the groan I wanted to release I grit my teeth. Fucking Damon. Of fucking course. With a pained sigh I tilt my head back to see him looking at me annoyed.

He bares his fangs and as they hit the junction of my neck I send a pulse of electricity through my veins. His teeth clamped even tighter as he got electrocuted and as the pain bounced back into me I had to force myself not to scream because of the pain. After the shock ended he fell to the floor and I tried to catch my breathe as I forced myself to stand up.

Gritting my teeth I inch forward towards the door, walking out of the room that I was pulled into with blood falling from my neck. It wasn't until I got outside when my mom had grabbed me and I realized that she was speaking to me.

"Caroline." I hear her say loudly and I shake my head as I try to ignore the pain coming from my neck.

Opening my mouth I close it when I suddenly feel the urge to hurl. I shake my head and my moms eyes become concerned. She grabs her walkie that's on her shirt and begins talking. Over my moms shoulder I see Bonnie standing off to the side by the building watching me with worry.

———

"What do you mean?" Finn asks in confusion as they get closer to Mystic Falls.

Niklaus rolls his eyes at his brother. "I mean that the doppelgänger is there as well."

"So." Rebekah says with a frown, looking  and feeling confused. "You don't want us there to help you with the curse.. but because you found this Caroline person and some witches attacked you both while you were on a date?"

Elijah shrugs his shoulders. "It's interesting really. I never thought you would put becoming a hybrid secondary to some woman you met a short while ago."

"I met her when she was a child. She had fallen from a tree and didn't even cry even though she had broken bones and would've possibly bleed to death." He corrects him irritably. "Her best friend is also a Bennett witch.. and"

"A Bennett witch aye?" Kol asks as he wiggles his eyebrows. "Now, she I'll have to meet."

Elijah sighs tiredly, his family had only been up over twenty four hours and he is already wishing for some peace and quiet.

——

"I electrocuted him." I whisper to Bonnie as she lays next to me in bed. "But.. I can still feel his fangs in my neck and how trapped I felt."

"We'll get him back for it." Bonnie whispers to me. "Has Klaus messaged you again yet?"

Shaking my head I sigh. "No.. if anything he feels disoriented too or he's plotting something."

"Did you tell him that Da-."

"No." I answer with a small whisper. "It's like this weird feeling in my gut that if I .. if I told him. What if that day was a weird coma like dream or something?"

I feel Bonnie shrug beside me as she answers feeling confused as well. "I remember you going on the date, vaguely. But... at the same time - it's like it never actually happened. You were both targeted Caroline. We just need to find out why and I think when Klaus finds out what Damon tried today.. I think that he will bring hell."

"We barely know each other Bon." I mutter. "and it's not his responsibility to defend me. It's my responsibility to defend myself and those I care for."

"Then perhaps it's possible that he cares for you and wishes to take care of you. Even if you are obviously capable." Bonnie says softly. After a pause she asks me curiously. "What do you plan to do to Damon?"

The bite that he gave me today is going to scar, it doesn't help that when I electrocuted him it burnt the holes where his teeth sank into me.

I chuckle lowly and glance at her with an innocent but painful shrug of my shoulders I glance at her. "I have no idea what you're talking about Bon Bon."

She begins to cackle and a smirk breaks out across my face in amusement.