Chapter 2 - 5 Years Old to 10 Years Old

Forbes Residence
5 Years Old

When I was released from the hospital I was told to 'take it easy' and my 'parents' were told that I had Amnesia.

The week following was quiet, my 'mom' stayed home during most of it. Occasionally someone would come over to talk with mom and all do that madness.

"You get to go back to school today!" Mom/Liz says excitedly as she makes breakfast. . "You'll get to see your friends again!"

"I had friends?" I ask her with my attempt at childhood curiosity. Of course she had friends, Caroline was a social butterfly.

She looks at me sadly as she bends down beside and moves a strand of my hair, "of course you do baby."

I frown at her and she sighs sadly, she's been doing that a lot lately. "Come on sweetie, let's get you to school"

——————————————
Kindergarten Class

When we arrived Liz lead me towards a few of the young girls before going to talk to my teacher.

"Hi" I say shyly and very quietly.

"Hi" a little girl with brown hair says and I try to simile, on the other side of the room there sits a dark skinned girl all alone right now and she is absolutely adorable.

I go over to the other quiet child and sit down "I'm Caroline and I'd like to be your friend!"

The little girl looks at me nervously but she whispers back "I'm Bonnie. I wouldn't mind being your friend either."

I give her a small smile and we played together quietly for awhile. Well, at least until it was time for class to begin.

——————————————————
6 Years Old -Woods

"Caroline you can't do that." Bonnie says worriedly as she watches me climb up a tree.

I look down at her curiously "why can't i?"

"You'll fall and then your mommy will be really angry."

"I'm not going any higher Bon, I just wanted to see how far away from home we are."

Bonnie shifts with a frown "but we only walked for a few minutes."

"I think we're just a short while away from your grandma's." I look down at her. I go to climb down when I slip, I go crashing to the ground, landing on my side with a branch right inside me.

I just frown, it's not that I don't feel it, I can feel the pain and the life wanting to leave me but I also feel the blood inside of pumping faster as if electricity is keeping my blood and my heart from failing.

"Ahhhhh" Bonnie screams as she runs off "GRANDMA GRABDMA" I hear her screams as she runs.

Dying a second time isn't to bad so far. I hear a crunch of foot steps and turn my head to see boots, perhaps Damon or stefan?

I glance up to see Klaus looking at me with a frown "You're not even crying in pain" he says in surprise as he crouch's down by me and carefully turns me over causing me to cringe at the feeling.

"Such a strong child" his mumbles as he quickly bites his arm and sticks it into my mouth while also quickly yanking out the stick causing me to groan in pain.

He pats my head then as he looks over me and frowns "you should be fine, no infection should set in."

"But I do want to know why you have those marks on your skin." He mutters as his hand ghosts my wrist with the lightening scar and he narrows his eyes when he sees them on my neck as well.

"CAROLINE" I hear Sheilas voice call for me.

"Is that you?" He asks me curiously.

"Yeah" I mutter as I look down where I was attacked via tree "that's freakin handy"

He helps me stand with a chuckle as he pats my head and lean sits down and looks me in the eyes, compulsion, think of something else. "You won't remember me, you'll say that you only got nicked by the tree branch but you're fine now and it was just a bit of a scare."

Then he was gone. Now, if I could be compelled or I wasn't thinking about how much fun it'd be to be able to talk my mom into sleeping in the living room with me for a movie night then things may have gone differently.

"Caroline. Are you okay? Bonnie said that you got hurt very badly.l miss Sheila says as she runs to me and checks me over carefully with a frown.

"I just got really scared and it felt like I got hurt really badly" I say with a shrug.

She frowns at me but doesn't argue with me about it as she leads me back to her house.

The moment we arrive Bonnie rushes over to me and gives me a hug, I pat her back and rock her a bit to help her calm down from being so scared.

"No more tree climbing." Bonnie says with a pout.

"We'll see" I mutter goofily causing her to pout even more.

"Getting hurt is bad Caroline" Bonnie says with a pout and I pat her head, she's adorable.

———————————————————
10 Years Old

I've taken to climbing trees when Bonnie isn't around now, she freaks out.

I've been dancing in the rain again, but I can't help but feel even more connected to the thunder and lightening now.

It's almost like home in its own way, being surrounded by the smell of the pouring rain and the sound of the thunder and lightning cracking across the sky?

It's amazing.

Bonnie and I are best friends and we have now never gotten along well with Elena, not even a little bit.

We've always bumped heads so to speak and Elena always has to be right. For a little person she sure has a superiority complex going on. But she is funny and she is respectful. Even when it's very obvious that she doesn't want to be.

We've been spending time taking martial arts classes and I even have a few vervain plants growing in my room as does Bonnie, I give Jeremy some of it as a tea mix and a bottle of shampoo mix, he loves them both so far.

I haven't seen Klaus since I was six but I swear sometimes I feel like he's nearby, it's weird and unexplainable and it's probably me just being paranoid though.

I have also gotten Bonnie ridiculously interested in witchcraft. But perhaps I shouldn't be having us watch charmed like crazy? Eh? That's okay.

I accidentally sent out an electricity ball once though, talk about awkward. Though at least Jeremy thought that it was funny and Bonnie came back the next day talking about skimming through her grams witchy books.

About two weeks later Elena declared that she hated us because apparently her brother doesn't like her as much as he does us or something like that.

Drama, drama, drama. I never cared much for drama, but it is interesting sometimes.