𝟎𝟎𝟐 || 𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐎 𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐒

𝐀shley followed her friends into the limousine that they had ambushed, Peter was trying to steal the drivers candy stash while the others cramped into the back seat.

"So, Mr. Lawye-"Ashley went to speak, but Gordon held his hand out and shook his head.

"Bombay."He spluttered out, trying to push the climbing kids off him. He accidentally held the phone for Ashley to grasp, and she did. It was a bad mistake.

"Do you like pie?"Ashley asked the woman on the other line innocently, staring at Gordon with a smirk as he mentally begged for the phone back.

"Um sure..?"The woman said with an unsure tone, it was an unknown voice and the back chatter was making it weirder.

"Good, i finished it this morning. Cutting through muscle is a hard thing, i don't know how cannibals do it?" Ashley chuckled. "Children taste great, it's an acquired taste really but once you try it, it'll change your life m-"Ashley was hung up upon, a frown fell onto her slightly pinker lips and the phone was handed to Guy lazily and a bored sigh left her lips.

"I could go for candy corn right now.."Ashley thought out loud, kicking the ice off her skates onto the floor and letting the water drip into a puddle.

Guy groaned in disgust. "Candy corn is disgusting."

Ashley scoffed. "So are you, yet i still put up with you!"

Gordon looked between the two, this team was nothing but small and  annoying. The amount of kids rocking the car side to side on the ice was dangerous if it cracked, but it was less scary than a Casey Conway storming towards the car.

"Good going, Coach! Endangering the lives of poor, innocent ch-"Ashley shouted dramatically, but Gordon shoved her head down between her legs and sighed in relief at the small silence he got.

Ashley took her blue NY baseball cap off and smacked Gordon's knee with it before climbing out the top window and sliding down front window. Casey spotted the brunette, her left arm reaching out and pulling her onto the ground next to her.

"Who is that? Why are you all in that car? Do you know that man?!"Casey questioned the team in panic, ignoring the kids arguing with Goldberg over a gross incident in the car.

"...No."Ashley shook her head slowly, and feeling her hand be free from Casey's. She skated towards Charlie with a lovesick look in her eyes, Charlie's face fell and awaited the usual saying.

"I'm in love with your mom."Ashley sighed dreamily, skating around the boy before being pushed onto the ice again. Charlie chuckled at her before pulling her up, then..a loud, New Jersey accent emerged from the other side of the ice.

"Whos this woman now?"Gordon groaned, looking down to find Ashley standing besides him with an annoyed look on her face.

"That ain't no woman, that's my mother."Ashley mimicked her mother's accent, slowly skating behind Gordon and peeking out from his right side. Kate sent a smile towards her friend, and grabbed onto Gordon's ear and pulled him to the side.

"Your mom is so-"Averman went to call out, but a harsh push to the ground finished his sentence. Ashley hummed in satisfaction before having a hand wrapped around her wrist and was pulled back off the ice.

The girl sent a sad wave to her friends as Kate took her home, her skates scraped against the ground annoyingly, filing them dull which meant a trip to Hans Skate Shop to sharpen them again.

"Is that your coach?"Kate questioned, sitting Ashley down on a bench and untying her skates for her. She looked up, after a small silence took over and gently tapped the girls face.

"Hm, oh..yeah, he's my new coach."Ashley nodded, she wasn't really listening. Her focus was too busy set on what was happening across the street. The Hawks hockey team was leaving Mickey's after a win, she sighed quietly and adjusted her mixed up socks.

Kate noticed, and wrapped her arm around her shoulder. She looked down at the ground and noticed the odd blue and yellow socks. "I give you matching pairs, Ashley."

The girl looked up, then down again. "I know, but i don't like it."

Kate shook her head laughing, pulling the brunette across the street so it would be a quicker walk home. The pleased laughter ahead of them came from the 'better' team, it was all boys which kinda boosted their egos by a lot.

"You know, Coach Reilly's team isn't that good right? It's all bark, no bite with them."Kate whispered, looking the old man up and down with judgement in her greenish-blue eyes.

Ashley laughed, a smile playing on her face as one of the boys turned around in confusion at who was laughing. "Really?"

Kate nodded, with a heart-warming grin. "Of course, why do you think he doesn't have any girls on his team?"

Her voice was slightly louder that time, Coach Reilly and Kate Riley never got along, not even when he coached her. The man turned around, forcing a smile onto his face and clapped his hands together.

"If it isn't, little Katie. How are you?" He forced out happily, Kate chuckled and nodded gently. Her hand wrapped around Ashley's upperarm and pulled her into her side.

"I'm great, thanks."Kate said through invisible pain. Ashley looked up at the man, her eyebrows raising when he looked back at her. The man bent down, holding his hand out in front of her. His team looking around in confusion at the interaction, one of the boys was too busy looking at Ashley instead of her mom.

"And this must be Ashley, nice to meet you kiddo."Reilly chuckled, looking at her skates that she held in her hands.

"No, i'm a 33 year old homicidal maniac with a growth problem." Ashley responded calmly, making the man lean back and nod towards her mother, who just laughed awkwardly.

"This is Ashle-"Kate looked down, just to see an empty place and then a car skidding to a stop. The group looked over at the road, a man with his head out the window and Ashley holding her cat, Tubby, with a happy smile.

"He was lost?"Kate asked, getting a nod off her slightly now calmer child and sighed in relief. Reilly stood up, and looked back at his team.

"This is the h-"He went to introduce them, but Ashley already finished his sentence.

"Your shitty team? Yeah, we know them."Ashley looked them up and down, her eyes lingered on one of them slightly longer but eventually looked back at her mother.

"Yeah, i actually have to go..now!"Kate said quickly, pulling Ashley behind her although she was too busy staring at number 9.