𝟎𝟎𝟒 || 𝐍𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟗

thanks jordyn 👮‍♀️

𝐀shley didn't understand how boys lived, it was a disgusting way they lived in her eyes. She watched Averman grow up and that says a lot.

"Why would a Hawk, that's right, a Hawk, tell you, a D-5, good luck?" Connie questioned in confusion, and slight shock as she paced up and down the bottom of Ashley's bed.

"I know what team we play on, Connie. I don't need reminded." Ashley chuckled, trying to finish her Super Mario quest on her game boy. The game's achievement sounds were the only sound in the room besides the radio in the back of her room playing Madonna's Material Girl.

Connie rolled her eyes and fell back onto the girls bed, her Adidas Sports socks were sliding down to her ankles from the frantic pacing.

"Because we are living in a material world-"Ashley sang along quietly under her breath, trying to beat the level she was stuck on.

"And i am a material girl."Connie finished, leading them into a singalong to their icon, Madonna's songs. Ashley's game boy ended up on the floor next to Tubby's bed, and was currently jumping on her bed and shouting the lyrics to Like a Virgin, even though they didn't understand any of it.

Connie was busy staring at herself in the mirror, trying to fix her hair to make it full of volume meanwhile Ashley was trying to stop the phone from ringing. "You look fine!"

Connie huffed. "What if Guy walks in?"

Ashley gave her a confused look, licking her lips and sighing. "You sound so dumb, you know that. Guy isn't allowed in my house, we both know this."

Connie rolled her eyes, grabbing some of the makeup on Ashley's dresser and swirled the brush around the compact blush. Ashley shrugged, making her way downstairs to see what was gonna be on TV from the magazine that was always on the coffee table.

"Can we go skating?!"Connie yelled from upstairs, jumping up and down to grab the girls attention.

Ashley sighed. "Sure!"

The girls got their skates on, it wasn't a far walk to the iced pond. Conversations were about whatever came to mind. For Connie, it was advice about Guy, and for Ashley, it was if she could date Kurt Cobain.

"Isn't he a bit old for you?"Connie asked slowly, unsure if she'll have a nice answer or not. The hockey puck was slid through her legs, and into the makeshift goal made by their jackets.

"Isnt Guy a bit young for you?"Ashley retorted, crossing her arms across her chest and looking down at her. Connie rolled her eyes, pushing her down and grabbing the puck back from Ashley's jacket.

Ashley lay on ground, being completely still before Connie dropped her stuff onto her stomach. She groaned in pain, rolling onto her side and standing up. All of her things fell into a mess at their skates, they stared at eachother before bursting out in laughter.

Connie grabbed her stick from the ice, sliding the puck towards Ashley and keeping the back and forth going. Ashley skated backwards, pushing the puck back towards Connie and was trying to get away from the girl aswell.

"Ashley, be caref-"Connie whispered, noticing shadowed figures ahead of her and stopped in her tracks. However, Ashley was too busy focused on the puck to realise she bumped into someone's back and fell onto her knees.

"Watc-"Ashley growled, looking up to find Adam looking down with a laugh wanting to leave his lips. He was alone, meaning he didn't have to hide it.

"Are you okay?"Adam questioned, helping her up and grabbing her stick for her. Ashley took it quickly, holding it under her arm and shifted backwards to Connie's chest.

"I'm...fine?"Ashley said slowly, acting as if he was an FBI agent which in her mind, he could've been. Adam chuckled, looking around awkwardly and trying to find something to say.

"Adam!"His friends called out his name, he switched.

"I knew i could smell something familiar."One of the boys sneered, skating around the girls.

"Yeah, it's probably your moms perfume."Ashley spat, glaring at him as he circled them like prey. Connie looked them up and down, then at Adam who looked around before straightening up.

"She fell, earlier. You guys were right, she sucks on any type of ice."Adam stammered out, smirking at Ashley's face. It dropped, and a hard look covered the hurt she held in her eyes.

"I suck? Yeah, i suck your da-"Ashley went to hit back at him, but Connie's hand slapped over her mouth to stop her from getting into more bother.

The boys all laughed, all of them circling them and chanting names such was Ice Eaters, Losers, Hockey Rejects, Wannabes and many more.

"Yea, i eat your mom eve-"Ashley shouted, being pulled back off the ice from Connie who wanted nothing more than to go home and forget about what happened.

Ashley felt her skates hit the concrete, scraping the ground as she walked besides Connie in silence.

"What jerks."Connie grumbled, kicking a stone across the street and huffed loudly. Ashley looked up at her, opening her hand and placing a pebble in it.

"It's my second lucky pebble."Ashley muttered, walking slowly towards her street. Connie played with the stone in her hand, looking at the painted pink heart upon it's flat surface.

"Well, your lucky pebble."Ashley smiled, letting the small problem back at the pond leave her mind.

Except Adam.