𝟎𝟎𝟖 || 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐒𝐎 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐋

"𝐘ou think i asked to have Adam's skates?" Ashley glared at her small-minded friend, Averman, who was asking the dumbest questions.

"You could've, and not remember?!" Averman exclaimed, walking besides the girl to the skate shop that cold, frosty morning.

Ashley huffed, rolling her dark brown eyes as she slung the skates over her shoulder lazily. "Oh of course, i just asked straight up from Banks's skates!"

Averman smiled, clapping his hands together and laughing. "So, you did!"

The girl stared at her bestfriend, many thoughts ran through her head; He was always a little slow. Ashley shook her head and took a deep breath, she needed to calm the nerves that Averman purposely pulled.

"I was being sarcastic, dumbnut." She spat, pushing the door open with her shoulder and smirking as it shut on Averman before he could enter.

Ashley put the skates down, crossing her arms at the counter and leaning her chin against the small opening created by arms. Her scuffed up converse twisted off the snow onto the floor, the ice melting right off from the fire crackling in Han's little place.

"Uh, yeah these aren't my sons skates."A woman alerted softly, Ashley's head turned to right looking at the lady with confusion. She followed the light blue knitted sweater sleeve to a younger boys shoulders.

Ashley took her head off the counter and walked over to her, putting the skates next to the ones sitting on the counter with the laces tied together.

"Yeah, these aren't mine either."Ashley pointed out, staring at Hans as she spoke. "Think you might've mixed them up."

The Norwegian elder had a sly smile on his reddened and aged face, he reached out and swapped the skates around. "My apologies, they look so similar." Hans smiled as he looked at two young hockey players who had been staring at the man.

"Oh, no worries!" Carol smiled at her son, shaking his shoulders gently. "Now you can stop worrying, honey."

Adam nodded, pursing his lips as he glanced up at Ashley who was in a staring competition with Hans. He wanted to speak to her, but taking note of the intense tension, he didn't.

Instead, he bumped the front of his skates into her back as he walked away with his mother. Ashley turned her head, tilting it to the side at his odd action. Adam smiled, raising his hand and waving goodbye before he was pulled out the store.

Ashley chuckled, looking down at her shoes and keeping her smile hidden. Hans had noticed, and nodded with a laugh. That laugh caused Ashley's head to pick up and an annoyed look take over her ice-bitten face.

"Mixed them up, my ass!" Ashley exclaimed, putting her own skates down onto the floor and jumping onto the shop counter. Hans chuckled again in response, standing back and turning around to finish sharpening off the rest of the ice skate mountain next to him.

"You know how fuzzy my mind gets, Ashley."Hans smiled, he found the girls frustration amusing in a way. It's just skates, she wouldn't have made a big deal if it was her fellow teammates.

Ashley groaned, throwing her head back and looking at the wall. "I- Come on, Hans. You're supposed to be helpful, and not like Lester out there!"

Averman, hearing the remark from the other side of the store let out a small 'Hey!" in offence, bringing a delighted smile to Ashley's face as she sat up.

"Oh hush."She muttered and looked back at the man, furrowing her eyebrows in deep thought. He was intelligent and had been doing this work for a while. He could not have mixed them up accidentally.

"I'll see you later, Hans."Ashley muttered, jumping down and grabbing onto Averman's arm. Her hand clasped around the coat's material and dragged him out the store by it.

Averman yelped, his feet being swept off the ground and swung outside into the icy outdoors. Ashley let go, pulling her gloves back on and taking a deep breath. Using the somewhat smart part of his brain, he gave her a small reassuring smile.

"I don't think he mixed them up accidentally." Averman knew she needed someone on her side, even though Adam was fully behind her with any plan but she didn't have to know that.

Ashley smiled, nudging him with her shoulder and walked ahead of him. "Come on, loserrr! We have places to go, and you're slow."

Averman could almost predict anything she said, so he mouthed the exact words behind her back. "I hate slow!"
He laughed after it, making her give him a confused look before turning back around.

He was a good friend, her favorite one to be true. But sometimes, he really pushed her buttons.