𝟎𝟎𝟑 || 𝐃𝟓 𝐕𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐖𝐊𝐒

"𝐘ou're gonna do great, i love you!"Kate smiled, kissing Ashley's cheek before running back up the bleachers.

Ashley waved, looking at the team and sighing. It was another loss, but it was the fun that counted. She glanced at the other team through the plexiglass, giving glares to them all but ended up being sat back down on the bench by Kate, who made sure to sit right behind her.

The game was yet to start, people were still at snack stands and bathrooms so they wouldnt miss anything even though there wasn't much to miss. A knock on the glass pulled Ashley from biting down on her nails, she looked towards it to find Good Luck written neatly on a small sheet of paper which was held up by a blonde boy.

It was a short interaction as he was pulled back down from his team but still managed to through the paper across the glass. Ashley chuckled, folding it and putting it in her mother's purse.

The boy smiled under his helmet, he saw her yesterday and found her funny. But, the thought dawned on him just now, she was a district five. It was useless talking to her, he'd be made fun of forever. Known as D-5 boy, or D-5 lover from McGill.

Gordon attempted a chant, but none of them were having it and left him embarrassed. Ashley and Averman bumped helmets together as a good luck charm, before Ashley went on the ice. She leaned on the wall, trying to push Averman away from the wall when she should've been getting into position.

"Ashley! Go!"Gordon hissed, pushing their hands off eachother and giving her a nudge to the ice. She sighed, rolling her eyes and skates towards Guy, standing on his right and glancing at the boy across from him.

"What's this, the Oreo line?"McGill sneered, Terry launched for him but got stopped by the ref who let it slide. Ashley growled, pulling the visor down on her helmet and glared at him. She was going to get him down, he wasn't getting away from her.

The puck dropped, and Ashley's stick dropped too. Gordon looked at her as if she was crazy, Fulton and Kate sighed and looked down in disappointment with Casey. Charlie winced, Averman and Connie applauded and Goldberg was too busy trying to get up.

McGill laughed at Banks, unaware of the girl behind him..until he was on the floor. Ashley had managed to get past his teammates to lay her hands on him, and she did..with force.

"You're dead, Fishboy! Dead!"Ashley shouted, feeling her body be pushed into the box and a cheer coming from her team. Fulton smirked, having taught her how to defend herself on the ice and off the ice.

Number 9 snickered at his friends misfortune, sending a glance towards the girl who was busy trying to juggle her gloves. He skated past after getting his team a goal, stopping at the glass and knocking on it lightly.

"What's your number?"He asked politely, she turned around and furrowed her eyebrows. Her helmet came off, and the door was opened slightly, enough to peek her head out for a clearer conversation.

"87, or 78..i don't know, one of them."Ashley smiled, making a small laugh leave the boys lips. He went to speak, but his coach shouted his second name loudly, making his head turn.

"Sorry, i'll see you later 87..78?"He grinned, skating back to his team with a smile on his face. Ashley laughed, stepping out after her two minutes and grabbing her stick from the ground that nobody picked up.

The puck was set on her eyes almost instantly, her speed picked up and the puck had found itself back into the curve of her taped stick. She stared at the goalie, sending a small wink at him before slamming her stick between his legs.

The buzzer didn't ring out however, and the ref made it a foul. The disappointment lingered, in D-5, in Number 9 and most importantly, in Ashley.

It was already snowing when the game ended, the night was closing upon them and Kate was in deep conversation with Casey. A sigh left Ashley's pale lips as she sat against the bricked up wall, drawing her name in the snow.

The automatic lamps flickered an auburn light, the door was pushed open and a nice warmth blew outside. A taller man walked ahead, and the boy who gave her the good luck note walked behind him.

His eyes looked down at the brunette, a slight feeling of sorrow dug inside him. He knew the puck went in, it was a goal. But the Refs see what they want to see, D-5 lose.

He looked around, his dad was stopped talking to another dad this time and gave him some time. He grabbed a piece of paper from his pocket and scribbled a small note down on the wall opposite from her.

"Adam!"Phillip shouted from the car, waiting on his son to get in so they could head home and share the news with the family.

"Hold on!"Adam yelled back, dropping the note on Ashley's lap before running back to his dads car. He smiled at her through the window, before driving back down to Edina.

Ashley looked up, unfolding the letter and reading his neat handwriting carefully. The blue ink was very full, it was a new ballpoint pen by the looks of it.

Thanks for hitting McGill, he deserved it:).

- Number 9, Hawks.
Adam Banks.

"Who's that from?" Connie appeared from out of blue, making Ashley look up and hand her the note. The brunette read it slowly, a hum leaving her lips before she handed it back.

"Number 9, huh?"Connie teased, wrapping her arm around Ashley's and making her way to Kate's car. Inviting herself to stay over, it was normal at this point.

"Shut up, you like Guy."Ashley groaned, grabbing some Candy Corn and counting how many she ate. Connie rolled her eyes, and hid the blush that rose on her cheeks.

"See!"