Chapter Thirty-Nine

*This chapter contains multimedia relevant to the plot*

**There is also sexual content ahead**

"Hey."

Johnny's chest fluttered at the sight of Carter Parrish standing at his doorstep, in all his bright-eyed stunning-grin glory. Electricity flowed through his blood stream weakening his knees. 

Jesus. It had been a little over two weeks since he'd last laid eyes on Carter, almost six weeks since they'd last talked. He should not still have this effect on Johnny's system with a single word and a simple smile.

"Hi." Johnny returned the grin.

"May I come in?"

Johnny stepped aside, biting his lip. "Yeah, sorry."

Carter walked in, allowing Johnny to shut the front door.

"Where are your parents?"

"They went to see my aunt. Took Lydia with them," Johnny said, looking over his shoulder to make sure Carter was following him up the stairs. He saw the other boy's eyebrows furrow in slight confusion.

"You mean the one who lives in Pensacola? That's a long drive."

"I think they met halfway, in Orlando. They should be gone the whole day, though."

"Why didn't you go with them?" Carter asked as he walked into Johnny's room.

He shrugged. "Not much of a fan of Orlando," he answered stepping in after Carter and turning to close the door behind them.

When he turned back around, his breath caught in his throat. Carter was right there. His chest was barely an inch from Johnny's, his lips so close Johnny could feel his breath on his cheek. The fluttering in his chest aggravated as he opened his mouth to say something.

Before he could utter a word, Carter caught his lips in an urgent kiss. Johnny's hands moved up to the back of his head in instinct, as though that's where they had belonged all along. He dug his fingers into Carter's hair, drawing out a content hum.

Carter's hands rested on Johnny's narrow hips and he smiled against the other boy's lips. Stepping forward, Johnny forced him to walk backwards until they reached the bed. When the back of Carter's knees hit the edge of the mattress, he turned them around and propped one knee on the bed to push Johnny down over his own comforter.

Johnny scooted farther up the bed, watching in fascination as Carter chased after him with lust-flooded eyes and swollen parted lips. He hovered over Johnny, supported on his hands and knees.

"I missed you," he whispered candidly, darkened gray-blue eyes boring into Johnny's.

Johnny's heart did that mean trick again inside his chest, and his words were caught in his throat for a second. He hooked a finger on the collar of Carter's shirt. "I missed you too," he muttered, pulling him down.

They met again for a breathless kiss. Johnny raked his hands up Carter's back—his muscular, broad, athletic back—and pulled him down onto him, to feel the warmth of Carter's body against his own.

Carter's lips yielded to Johnny's eager assault as teeth scrapped over his bottom lip hungrily.

Johnny smiled and Carter's mouth kissed a trail down his jaw to his neck. His hand slid down from Johnny's cheek to his hip. Johnny sighed delightedly, his head void of all thoughts that weren't Carter. His touch, his taste, his warmth, his breath, his sounds. It should be illegal to fill somebody's head so completely like this.